Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

C'mon Man!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Calgt08
1st Gear Member

Default C'mon Man!

On my way into work I stopped at a red light with no one in front of me. Behind me pulls up a Honda minivan. After a few seconds he pulls along side of me. I can tell he want to get in front of me. There is a on ramp to the freeway about 150 yards with a free right. The light is about to change and he starts creeping forward. When the light turned green he floors it, there is no way in hell I am going to let a minivan out run me. So a mile or so down the freeway he passes me and gives me the mean mug. Dude your driving a minivan know your place.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I get that all the time. A minivan or slower car gets into the outer lane of a freeway on-ramp or the lane that merges after the light to get in front. In most cases (and why I don't let it happen) if they do get in front, they drive right at or below the speed limit or aren't up to speed by the time they hit freeway traffic making it a real PITA to merge on.

It's not that I care people get in front of me...I just hate that after they do, they drive too slow. If you're going to be first, be courteous of other drivers behind you and get moving!

P.S. this is NOT a tech topic so you need to keep this stuff posted in Off Topic.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

+1 on being Off Topic, S197 guys, please before you post threads, post them in the correct section of the forums.

These forums have plenty of other sections, and sub-sections for a reason.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:23 PM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Calgt08
On my way into work I stopped at a red light with no one in front of me. Behind me pulls up a Honda minivan. After a few seconds he pulls along side of me. I can tell he want to get in front of me. There is a on ramp to the freeway about 150 yards with a free right. The light is about to change and he starts creeping forward. When the light turned green he floors it, there is no way in hell I am going to let a minivan out run me. So a mile or so down the freeway he passes me and gives me the mean mug. Dude your driving a minivan know your place.
You did the right thing, to Hell with the mini-van drivers!!
Old 12-05-2011, 07:07 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I had a guy driving a mini van get butt hurt because I was able to make the left turn faster and take off faster than he could. For some reason he thought he had to catch up as fast as he could and then cut in front of me with traffic blocking the way. Funny, I wasn't even speeding nor giving any intent on messing with the guy from the start. I was just driving home from the grocery store. However when I knew he was doing it intentionally, I did some side to side behind him in my lane and he tried to copy but failed miserably. I nearly LOL'd.

I think guys driving mini vans are miserable being stuck in what they have to drive so they have a chip on their shoulder.

Anyhow, OP only has 14 posts, he might not have access to street racing section yet.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:26 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

^+1.

Not 2 days ago I had a mazda MPV or whatever (old rickety one with faded paint) cut right in front of me when I was going down a straight 3 lane road. He pulls out from a stop sign into my lane.

I change into the far left lane and what does he do? Cuts me off real sharp (from about 2 car lengths ahead) so I hit my turn sigs and take the middle lane again. I am like half a car from his rear and he decides to swipe across the lane in front of me again. I honked and moved into the right most lane, and after we came to a red light I look at him and he gives me the finger.

I didn't really care (haters gonna hate lol) but my girlfriend was with me and she saw it, got upset and called the police. There were two men in the front seats. And I could hear the passenger swearing at me in spanish (I am fluent) about my passenger having called the police. That was a fun night.

And I don't even have a GT lol, I have the v6 model.

Last edited by aaquib1992; 12-05-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Calgt08
1st Gear Member

Sorry for posting in the wrong area F'n newbie. Now I will add a tech question. Has anyone found a fix for the wheel hop. 1st gear around 4500 rpm it hops pretty good. Makes me want to short shift.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:17 AM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

Best cure for that is lower and upper control arms. I'm thinking I'm asking for some LCA's for Christmas

Helps a lot at the track, too.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:59 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

LCA's will help out big time. UCA is more of a pain to install, only buy it if you need it IMO.

Minivan or "manvan" drivers are the worst. I've had several of them try to race me in my stang and SRT. They literally spin their tires at the lights trying to get me to race them. Toolbags.......LOL Come on Man!!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

Suspension upgrades and a drag radial will solve your wheel hop issues. Thats a high RPM to be launching 1st on street tires.

Quick Reply: C'mon Man!