Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brembo package - anyone else bothered by this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 06:32 PM
acquah20
1st Gear Member

I could never see ford coloring matching the brembos to the car just bc it wouldn't be cost effective painting each cars calipers different colors and i wouldn't think white calipers on a white stang would be a good idea. Coming from someone who works at a Ford dealer as a tech, rear brembos are pretty useless, i've driven the 2012 gt500 and they dont even come with rear brembos so if shelby didnt think it was neccessary to have i'm sure the GT doesn't need them especially since 70% of braking is done upfront, its a waste of money imho
Old 12-29-2011, 06:45 PM
itsmymilkyway
1st Gear Member

now i don feel so crappy about missing out on the brembo brakes.. had them on my hyundai gc and its night and day with brakes. can't wait to go big brake set
Old 12-29-2011, 07:03 PM
Black Fire
1st Gear Member

Regardless of lack of Brembo rear calipers the BBP is a great bargain considering the stiffer springs revalved shocks (to match the springs) GT500 lower control arms and the only 19x9" wheel available on a GT.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

I hear you, it's still a deal. I dig the wheels a lot, but I really don't care for the suspension set up. too bouncy. it's getting replaced soon.

just looking to see if anyone else painted their front/rear calipers so they were the same color, and how it turned out.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Black Fire
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Entaille
I hear you, it's still a deal. I dig the wheels a lot, but I really don't care for the suspension set up. too bouncy. it's getting replaced soon.
I can tell you from experience this set up is by no means perfect but will still ride much better then an aftermarket set of springs. Try some better shocks first.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:28 PM
donutsdemise
1st Gear Member

just looking to see if anyone else painted their front/rear calipers so they were the same color, and how it turned out.
I just bought a '12 GT Brembo and also noticed bounciness. Needs more damping. I don't dig the wheels.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:52 AM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

Indeed.

black fire - I am going to do springs and shocks. I'd like the car to be lower as well. there is a pretty popular combo (steeda + koni) that I am feeling pretty confident in purchasing.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Black Fire
1st Gear Member

Indeed.

black fire - I am going to do springs and shocks. I'd like the car to be lower as well. there is a pretty popular combo (steeda + koni) that I am feeling pretty confident in purchasing.
My only experience with drop springs is from my `98 Formula.
It had Strano Springs Swaybars and Koni Adj's on it. The ride was quite firm but not harsh. It was real enjoyable for spirited driving and short trips, but when I used it for daily duty in the summer I craved something with a slightly softer ride and more suspension travel. Don't get me wrong the setup was second to none as far as handling and composure. I know it's sort of apples to oranges but in my opinion the Brembo GT does very well in comparison and doesn't have the shortcomings that a lowered suspension has.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

my past 3 cars have been lowered (350z, camaro, wrx). I never bothered changing out the struts with them though. I feel like the stangs' just don't give enough dampening and it creates a somewhat bumpy ride. I think some mild struts will help with that a bit. hopefully.