Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Sleeper seems to attract most attention from wanna be racers/jerks

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 01:11 PM
yfz450killer
1st Gear Member

Default Sleeper seems to attract most attention from wanna be racers/jerks

I do not know what it is but I have a 07 White plain jane looking GT. It's only that way on the outside because it's really a incognito sleeper. The car is pretty quick with the Kenne Belle 2.8 on it. The thing is I have been having allot of people trying to punk me lately in this car. The look on their faces is priceless when they learn that it is not that easy of a task. For example last night on my way home from work and guy in a Lexus sees me coming and moves purposely into my lane , the left lane which is for faster traffic, instead of moving into the right lane which is open. Well I am on his back bumper within a few seconds and I try and slow down but he slams on his brakes and then starts tapping them repeatedly. WTF? I was maybe doing 5 miles over the speed limit. So as I go around him he stomps on the gas to not let me pass him, which he learned pretty fast that his car did not have to same pickup as a boosted car does. I just can not figure out why that people have to be jacka$$es for what seems no apparent reason other than to be a jerk.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:31 PM
adj86
2nd Gear Member

Yep. There are plenty of idiots/douchers out there. I had a guy in a Charger try to race me on a street in an ultra pedestrian freindly area next to a running trail. I didn't take the bait (seeing as I don't wish to kill anyone). Dude was so busy looking in his rear view mirror at me he didn't see a woman walking across the road who was 3/4 the way out of his lane, barely missed her.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:15 PM
DCzapla
1st Gear Member

Yeah. Its the same with me even had a guy in a dodge ram 2500 truck give me trouble. Im 35y.o I didn't buy my mustang to beat it to death trying to race all these jackasses. Besides Iam a volunteer firefighter and have seen first hand what driving to fast can lead to.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:19 PM
bones302
2nd Gear Member

just had a D-bag in a mazda 3 try to egg me on on the way home. Is he kidding??
Old 12-30-2011, 08:54 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Yeah, they think they're safe challenging a stock looking car. I don't get many people even trying since the body kit went on, prior to that it seemed like every time I went out someone wanted to challenge.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:52 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

I've been pretty lucky. So far in two years, I've only had 1 truck, an M3, and a kid in a prelude mess with me.

The guy in the truck took off after I killed him... the M3 guy waved after I had him by 1.5 cars. He seemed suprized but was cool. The kid in the prelude...I took him like he was standing still...but he had a huge grin on his face when I slowed down...an gave me a big thumbs up. I had a lot of Hondas mess with me in my 4.0 though.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:29 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Maybe its because its a sleeper they think you got nothing..... NOT..... Mine is very loud with LTs, cams and no cats......nobody ever even tries, except a donkey in a falling apart 90s purple camaro. LOL
Old 12-31-2011, 01:37 PM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

People seem to think stock GTs are slow so if you look stock they think their chances of showing you up are good.

The way I see it is if the driver knows his car is fast, then he won't mess with you. If they think their car is faster but are unsure, they'll mess with you.

I have 2012 V6 guys mess with me ALL THE TIME because they think their cars are as fast as the 4.6L but don't consider the advantages of gears and a good tune on the V8. I used to put them in their place but it got so old I just ignore them now.

Camaro SS, Corvettes, 5.0s, GT500s, they never even give one hint at trying to race because chances are if a stock looking GT takes the bait it's going to be a fast car.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

People rev on me all the time. I ignore. Not worth the gas.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:04 AM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
People rev on me all the time. I ignore. Not worth the gas.
I'm with you, it gets so old. I like respecting other peoples cars, if I'm next to a respectable car at a red light, I comment and get comments back and then we drive off proudly. Of course a lot of people are douche bags that are just way to stuck up to even look and let their feet do the talking.

Quick Reply: Sleeper seems to attract most attention from wanna be racers/jerks