Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

BLOWN UP 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 06:55 AM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

C'mon guys. As much as we all hate salesmen with a passion, he was just doing what they do best..misleading the customer. In the end, OP obviously didn't read the sales contract...specifically the part that is on ALL sales contracts. You know where it says only stuff that is in writing on the contract will be honored.

The whole manager verbally authorizing an honoring of warranty regardless of modifications is all BS and I honestly think OP might be stretching the truth on that one (really...NITROUS? yeah right) just to get people on his side.

Good luck man, just take it as a lesson learned.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:19 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 11Coyote
Hello fellow Ford owners,

I was told by the dealer RUSSEL & SMITH FORD in Houston, TX
There's your problem...To call these guys lying douche bags is too nice...I damn near got in a fist fight with there parts manager...These guys are horrible at best...My father, QAQC FORD 30+ years NPDC (retired), warned me about this dealership when I moved to TX (from MI)...Hate to hear your story, and have no resolution, but everyone else please don't go here...Planet isn't much better, but at least they aren't Russel & Smith...Good luck
Old 01-13-2012, 08:39 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ricardo
The whole manager verbally authorizing an honoring of warranty regardless of modifications is all BS
Could you not feel your d##k being pulled as this bs was being slung dude? If he said you could strap a MX missle on the hoof with ducktape...would you have believed that as well???
Caulk it up as a learning lesson and never believe a word they tell you...it simply is not in their interests to do anything but agree with you. And even if you got it in writing, I would remind you that same bunch of guys will be fixing it...goodluck with that as well.

My top 3 cliches that apply to this situation...

3. If you wanna play, you gotta pay.
2. Let the buyer beware.
1. There is one born every second.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:16 AM
lawrencecar1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
Apparently you haven't been around much. Your car is far from the only one to have a blown motor due to this issue. Shame you are learning that now.

Is BAMA's tune responsible for the issue or Ford? What is BAMA telling you?
Curious to see Bama's take on this !!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:20 AM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Never believe anything the salesman says that you don't verify on your own.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:22 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 11Coyote

Prior to bringing the car in the Cold air was removed and the tune was taken off and returned to stock.

can't blame you for trying, i give an A+ for effort.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:26 AM
BLACK BETTY12
1st Gear Member

Just a thought, I belive you can claim an engine on your auto insurance as a comp claim.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:23 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

you can warranty a FRPP SC installed by a certified installer
but not a CAI/tune
seems logical to me
Old 01-13-2012, 11:49 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Hard to believe Bama will do much but I guess they may since it was there tune and the guy doesnt have the funds to make it right. Best of luck to ya

The dealer told him he could have a tune and if he wanted to use nitrious he could without losing the warranty. Now we all know thats garble. It sounds like he only used a bama tune. And I believe is claiming bama is helping him out. So who knows.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:59 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

I'm curious to see what Bama says about this. It could end up being a pissing match between Ford and Bama as far as who's fault this is. Finger pointing. And the OP is caught in the middle. If there are stock examples of these cars having this issue then Bama will have a leg to stand on pointing it back to Ford. If no stock examples of the issue exist then Ford will likewise be able to point back to Bama on this.

Regardless, either/or may not take responsibility and the OP really will end up stuck with an extremely expensive repair bill. To me 10 big ones is getting into lawsuit territory at that point. Good luck.

Quick Reply: BLOWN UP 5.0