Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Throttle Body Spacer

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WallyW.
Is it worth it??
No...
Old 02-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by breathegood
I suppose that works too. Wasn't thinking about n2o. I've seen it done to TB spacers for h2o/meth on other applications, that's what made me think of it.
Well might as well toss em both in
Old 02-10-2012, 03:10 PM
lawrencecar1
2nd Gear Member

i will add my 2 cents. I just installed a jerry's port and polished oem tb and along for the heck it installed a poweraid spacer. All i can say is OMG. My low end torque feels 100% incrrease. Dont really know how much if any is coming from spacer but i love the combo and recommend to all.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:39 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lawrencecar1
i will add my 2 cents. I just installed a jerry's port and polished oem tb and along for the heck it installed a poweraid spacer. All i can say is OMG. My low end torque feels 100% incrrease. Dont really know how much if any is coming from spacer but i love the combo and recommend to all.
Good luck with that. I tried that in combination with the BAMA 93 race tune and it threw a wrench quite often. I wish I could have made that work, but AM/BAMA couldn't get it adjusted properly.

Last edited by kzonts; 02-10-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:07 PM
lawrencecar1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kzonts
Good luck with that. I tried that in combination with the BAMA 93 race tune and it threw a wrench quite often. I wish I could have made that work, but AM/BAMA couldn't get it adjusted properly.
bama told me no adjustment required for the p and p tb. I am running a 93 race tune with a JLT 110 cai. perfect idle, extremely aggressive low-mid torque. This made a world of difference after i thought it could get no better.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:12 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

bama told me no adjustment required for the p and p tb. I am running a 93 race tune with a JLT 110 cai. perfect idle, extremely aggressive low-mid torque. This made a world of difference after i thought it could get no better.
I wish I had the same luck. I initially tried without any adjustments and the wrench lit up. Then we tried data logging the car a bunch of times and adjusting the tune, but still no luck. The longest it ran without issues was two days, and then the wrench lit up again. Jerry examined the part once it was returned and said it was fine. Not sure what the hell happened in my case. Must be the damn 4.0 v6. :-)

Last edited by kzonts; 02-10-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:42 PM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Most likely a bit of wishful thinking. You made a mod to the car so you are going to want to feel the difference.

My bama 93 race tune felt amazing in comparison to stock. Threw her on the dyno and it made less power then stock. I just wanted it to be better, but it wasn't.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Those things are about the same as the turbonator.. massive HP at a small price.. Just kidding man... I have one becasue it was given to me some time ago. I totally agree it adds nothing (hp/tq wise) what so ever...
Old 02-10-2012, 06:18 PM
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by S197GT07
Most likely a bit of wishful thinking. You made a mod to the car so you are going to want to feel the difference.

My bama 93 race tune felt amazing in comparison to stock. Threw her on the dyno and it made less power then stock. I just wanted it to be better, but it wasn't.
Wait... A tune gave you less HP than stock? Wat?
Old 02-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Man card, please.

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Spacer