Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Its not a race car dude..

Old 02-21-2012, 05:32 AM
piledriver
Banned

Originally Posted by SSKILLER5.0
Haha..you guys are hillarious. Those little high schoolers just **** me off. I did have a challenger srt8 pull up beside me roll down his window and ask for a "3 beep run" not to long ago. Started at 50 in 4th gear and lets just say dodge was crying..the giant land boat had no chance.
That's hilarious.... yeah I've had a run in or 2 with those boats, They do sound nice tho.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:13 AM
blkside
1st Gear Member

@ Diabolical - that comment doesnt run in CA... Ive seen some of these kids around here in POS making 750whp and DD them cause thats all they have...

I dont rarely get hit up in CA in my Evo, havent been home yet to experience what I will get in the LX but Im in the inland empire so its not too bad. If I do get hit up in the Evo its usually by 40 year old illegal aliens in late 90s corollas with painted dashes.

I have however had a couple of run ins with some extreme retards who learned not everyone plays around especially in neighborhoods.

Coming home from Costco with my 16 year old, were chilling heading down the main road.Pull up behind a car at a red light, 18 wheeler in the next lane,240 in front of the 18 wheeler. Light turns green, 2nd gear @ 20 3rd at 35 and cruise up to the 45mph speed limit. Look at my kid and tell him watch the 240 run, surprisingly they were cruising too. I get about 200 yards from my turn and out of no where some retard comes flying by me in an SRT4 and cuts me off then takes my turn at a retarded speed. Crosses into oncoming lanes and then takes off up the street. Usually I dont care but now we are in an enclosed neighborhood and I know my other son is out playing. I keep cruising and take the next turn to my house. The little bastard made the mistake of turning down the wrong road. Boxed him in and we had a little heart to heart about MY neighborhood. The passenger I am pretty sure was starting to tear up. Saw him about a week later coming down the main road, he jammed on the brakes and took the first turn.

Retards are everywhere, in everything and we cant do much about it... but every once in a while you get to...
Old 02-21-2012, 12:26 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Just pull out your phone and act like your taking their picture....then smile at em and act like your calling 911....hold the phone to your ear. That'll get their attention.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:34 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I do not roll race or highway race. Hell I rarely take this car on a highway. I will however leave every stop light like the devil is chasing me. I don't care who is in the next lane. I've blown the doors off of some blue haired grannys, let me tell you!

I'm surprised I have never gotten pulled over for it. I know Florida has some stupid law like aggressive driving or show of power.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:25 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

+1 to the lifted "monster turcks" Ive had this car not even a month, and its only been out like 5 times due to February in Ohio weather (rain, snow, you know..).. So far Ive had 0 people in cars attempt to race me or even show any aggression. As for monster trucks, it seems once they see me, they will do whatever it takes to catch upto me (i see you back there!) and then rev up and go, slow down.. rev up and go.. on and on..

When I'm ready to race, you will see me at the track.. other than that, carry on. THis day and age there are way to many people on the road who pay attemtion to absolutely nothing but their text messages, tv's etc.. All I envision is racing a guy going 100+ and someone swerves over into my lane because they gotta make sure (while they are hurtling a chunk of metal down a road at 70-mph) that they just have to text their BFF they just bought a new shirt at the mall. Like OMG Awesome!
Old 02-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

I just have to get this off of my damn chest. If one more honda civic, mini cooper, or any other random 4 banger with a bumble bee exhaust tries to act racy with me on the highway I may just follow them and kick the crap out of em..I sware they jockey around me and play throttle games like there is any prayer in the damn world. They don't even get it when I blow their doors off. I slow down they catch up and come flying by like they are doing something. Now I feel better.

I know what you're going through my man....
Old 02-21-2012, 03:35 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Dude, I had a freakin' 4runner honk at me and some kid started yelling out the window, "Let's go"...looked at him, laughed and kindly rolled my window up shaking my head no. Just ignore the idiots. They just want to see something they don't have...a fast car.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:59 PM
blkside
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape
+1 to the lifted "monster turcks"
Out here we call em "Bro trucks" cause everyone that gets out of them is like "Broooohhhhh"....

I was in the car with my buddy (Evo 8) and we literally had a guy in a Toyota Tacoma about crash for repeatedly showing us how awesome his truck was... its was cool and stock... but man he sure could tear up his transmission like a champ...
Old 02-21-2012, 04:07 PM
SSKILLER5.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Dude, I had a freakin' 4runner honk at me and some kid started yelling out the window, "Let's go"...looked at him, laughed and kindly rolled my window up shaking my head no. Just ignore the idiots. They just want to see something they don't have...a fast car.
Haha..your right man. Its almost like they are hitting on a hot chick they just can't have! Just dont bother...
Old 02-21-2012, 04:11 PM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Nobody jump all over me for this comment and a preface what I say with I love our military and what they do for us. I live in hampton roads virginia near one of the largest naval bases in the U.S. There are a ton of 18-21 year old navy guys here and quite frankly its what they all drive. My route to work takes me right through one of their biggest gates to the base. This is why I suffer through "attack of the bumble bees" everyday!
Oohhh man...I was wondering if anything has changed down that way. This summer I'm headed back to where it all began (Norfolk) to finish out my 20. It was like that back in '96, it was like that when I left the area in '01...the place has shown flashes of the same thing to me every time I've been down there for something or other ever since. I just know what I'm in for when I get back. Some things just don't change.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Its not a race car dude..