Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

College budget, large aspirations

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

damn, grats on the full ride.
keep it up
cant wait to see what you do to the car

@nuke, hope you didnt step in anything along with long toe nails
Old 04-10-2012, 01:23 PM
richardcarroll2
1st Gear Member

Thanks everyone, I worked my *** off for this. It's the car of my dreams, now it's time to do something with it!
@rylay, great ideas.. Might be borrowing several
Old 04-10-2012, 02:10 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

The Steeda CAI/Tune is one of the best CAI's on the market. The great debate is "which CAI is better". You can read our gains and product info on our website at

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-c...ang-5.0-L.html

You are only going to find positive responses to our CAI's from consumers. If you want to start transfering that power to the ground then we can start looking at suspension packages that include springs, swaybars, and LCA's.

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-s...d-mustang.html

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-c...d-mustang.html

It is a double edge sword.. with power comes upgrades to keep that power on the ground and in a straight line!

Last edited by tj@steeda; 04-10-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:43 PM
SSKILLER5.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by richardcarroll2
North, right near Memphis TN. Thanks guys! 3.31 gears right now.
You might want to consider an move t0 3.73 gears..that will help as well. If its an everyday driver wouldn't go to 4.10 would be to much..steeda dude has a great point hard to transfer to the ground without the right suspension. Good luck man!
Old 04-10-2012, 06:01 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by richardcarroll2
Any suggestions of brand preference for CAI or tuner?
Congratulations on the full ride!

These parts right here will wake the car up and get it moving in a hurry.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-s...ackage-11.html

^^Lots of extra power with minimal work.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-c...ackage-11.html

^^better traction and no wheel hop.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:19 PM
richardcarroll2
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys. Now, I'm new to this, and ignorant in my lack of experience.. But I want to put down exclusively to my rear wheels, which is obvious bc mustangs are rwd. But my "fantasy" would be something that Could pop the front wheels up when I shift if I let it rev a little before dropping into first. Am I making sense at all?
Old 04-11-2012, 02:09 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rylay
From one college boy modding to another:
Also try to Make money providing parties and charge per cup
I definitely vote against this one. Yes, you can make a lot of money, but the potential costs of getting caught illegally selling alcohol (especially if its to a minor) will significantly outweigh the benefits. We did this twice in college, and yes, made a thousand dollars, but were sooooo sooo very lucky to have gotten away with it.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
I definitely vote against this one. Yes, you can make a lot of money, but the potential costs of getting caught illegally selling alcohol (especially if its to a minor) will significantly outweigh the benefits. We did this twice in college, and yes, made a thousand dollars, but were sooooo sooo very lucky to have gotten away with it.
+1 on the vote against charging for liquor at parties you throw. It's a triple whammy, running a business without a license, possibly selling to underage people, and running a business in a non business zone.

It may also make you responsible if someone gets in their car and drives drunk (like a bartender that fails to cut someone off the tap when they are clearly intoxicated or they don't take the keys away) Some states have laws that make the bar tender or estabilishment liable for such things.

Anyways, congrats on earning a full ride in college, just don't be a dope and blow it!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:45 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Not to mention you could probably kiss that full ride goodbye if you were caught, charged, and found guilty.

Enjoy the ride in college. 400+ is plenty at that time in your life, but I can understand the desire for more. I'm 27 now and just picked up a new 305hp ride, and 400 miles in I'm already looking to boost the power lol.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Take it from someone who's been there, don't spend money on depreciating assets when money is tight. You have a car that is amazing even bone stock. Enjoy it. Save as much as you can and spend the rest chasing tail. The car will still be there to mod when you graduate and start working, and if it isn't, you can always start fresh with a new one.

Quick Reply: College budget, large aspirations