Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got a Pro Chamber and really disappointed with it

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 07:05 PM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

Default Got a Pro Chamber and really disappointed with it

I bought a Pro Chamber for my car a couple weeks ago and just put it on last night.

I had gotten an Aerochamber axle back for my car over the winter and it sounded pretty good with my X pipe, so I figured hey, it should sound even better with a Pro Chamber, right?

Well, apparently not. I had to do some tweaking on the Pro Chamber right off the bat because it wasn't straight, and I did some finagling to keep the high flow catted downpipes from my X pipe since I don't have a tune yet.

Put it all back together, started the car...and was underwhelmed to say the least. After driving it today I would have to say I'm really disappointed with it. It's actually QUIETER than the X pipe, sounds worse unless you're wringing it out (yet somehow sounds better inside the car-go figure), and has much worse drone around 2000 RPM than the X pipe did. Totally did not give me that rumbling sound I was looking for.

So tonight I thought maybe I'll swap out for my old axle back and see how it is (MBRP axle back...Stinger-type setup, which were loud as hell with the X pipe and sounded great but were too much with me leaving for work at 6 AM). Swapped that out tonight and again...underwhelming. Quieter and just doesn't seem to me like it sounds as good as the X pipe did. Do you have to run it without cats to get good sound? Or does the Pro Chamber have some kind of a break in period until it starts sounding good? I've seen videos of people running pro chambers on '05-09's and they sounded great, but they were all without cats as far as I know.