Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

DetroitRockers Problem!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 03:26 PM
frdsinmyblood88

Default DetroitRockers Problem!

Hey everyone,
I installed my Brenspeed Detroitrockers N/A cams and brenspeed 91 tune yesterday and my install went great.
I loaded the tune and I now have a problem
1-it will not idle at the set idle speed it surges up and down and will die when I come to a stop light.

2-I cant rely hear the lope much with the brenspeed tune but when I load my old 91 tune from a local tuner it idles flat at 750 no surging and I can hear the cams good ( I did not drive it with this tune ) with my brenspeed tune when I drive it the car does not seem to have any more power than before I installed the cams I was expecting a 30hp boost.

my dyno numbers before the cams where 296rwhp 309rwtq

my mods are ( Before cams )
1. 3.73 Rear Gear
2. Pypes Long Tube Headers
3. Pypes off Road X-Pipe (No Cats)
4. Pypes M-80 Mid Mufflers
5. Pypes Pype Bomb axle back
6. Steeda Cold air Intake W/Hard elbow

any ideas?
I will call brenspeed tomorrow if there open if not I will call Tuesday I am just sitting hear all weekend trying to understand whats going on

Thanks
Old 05-27-2012, 03:44 PM
SON OF 68
2nd Gear Member

Maybe try installing the factory tune, then re-install Brenspeeds tune. If not, then yea, I would definitely call them. I'm sure they'll get you corrected if there's an issue like that.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:53 PM
frdsinmyblood88

Originally Posted by SON OF 68
Maybe try installing the factory tune, then re-install Brenspeeds tune. If not, then yea, I would definitely call them. I'm sure they'll get you corrected if there's an issue like that.
I did try that and still same problrm.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:00 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

The cams alone won't give u 30 hp that number only comes from LTs and cams
Old 05-27-2012, 05:36 PM
frdsinmyblood88

Originally Posted by outceltj
The cams alone won't give u 30 hp that number only comes from LTs and cams
This is from brenspeeds website

"Our test car picked up 26 rwhp peak vs. peak and 34 rwhp when comparing stock vs. Detroit Rocker at 6,500 RPMÕs running the stock air box. We then added a JLT 110 mm intake the gains sky rocketed to 40 rwhp gain peak vs. peak when comparing the JLT 110 mm intake & Detroit Rocker combo vs. Stock air box & Stock cam combo"
Old 05-27-2012, 05:38 PM
frdsinmyblood88

Plus I have long tubes
Old 05-27-2012, 06:17 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Strap it to a Dyno. When I had the cams installed I didn't think I gained 30 maybe 15. The consensus here on the forums is not as high as those numbers you r speaking of. Of course everyone claims 30 with just cams however that is not the case in most scenarios
Old 05-27-2012, 06:52 PM
frdsinmyblood88

Originally Posted by outceltj
Strap it to a Dyno. When I had the cams installed I didn't think I gained 30 maybe 15. The consensus here on the forums is not as high as those numbers you r speaking of. Of course everyone claims 30 with just cams however that is not the case in most scenarios

I'll do that.
Could the problem with my tube cause me not to feel a power bump?
My main problem is that I can't drive it with our it dying on me when I stop and the fact that I can hardly hear the lope with the Brenspeed tune but when I load my old tune from my local tuner I can hear the cams very well and the car has a nice shake to it and it idles flat at 750 no up and down.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:36 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I had some problems with idling and had them revise the tune... still had problems so i had to datalog what was going on with the parameters that they needed. It was then fixed as I was told that 1 out 20 cars seem to have the issue that i had. I was always throwing a code. I would suggest getting the revised tune and go from there. u may need to datalog for them
Old 05-28-2012, 12:30 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

congrats on the install of your cams.

if your previous tune is working well, i really don't think it will hurt anything
to drive with it until you get your revised brenspeed tune. obviously just
be reasonable and don't push it too hard.

Quick Reply: DetroitRockers Problem!