Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

P springs...need anything else to go with them?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 11:39 AM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

Default P springs...need anything else to go with them?

I'm looking at some Motorsport P springs for my car because I want to lower it just a touch (especially in the back).

Will I need anything else with these, if I were to install all four? Or is it a small enough drop I don't need to mess with anything else on the suspension?
Old 06-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

I would upgrade the shocks and struts while you're at it. If you want to get your car perfectly in spec the you might need a camber plate or bolt and an adjustable panhard bar.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:21 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ghunt
I'm looking at some Motorsport P springs for my car because I want to lower it just a touch (especially in the back).

Will I need anything else with these, if I were to install all four? Or is it a small enough drop I don't need to mess with anything else on the suspension?

ghunt,

First I would like to say great decision on making suspension your next mod! You will benefit from this in may ways, handling, stance, traction, wheel hop, ect....

Technically speaking you can just throw some lowering springs on your car and drive it. Depending on how many miles are on the suspension will play a factor with your "ride quality".

A lowering spring can blow out your stock struts in some cases. Mainly with cars that have high mileage, Because the stock suspension is used to your stop spring rate. So down the road you may have to go with a strut and shock set up.

Caster camber plates come into play when lowering a car more then 1.5inches. Anything less then that just an alignment would be fine.

I hope this helps, hit me up if you need any further assistance.

-Dan