Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Is this Mustang worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 05:28 AM
weazer

I saw the pics it does atleast have the boss intake. They claimed motor, eitherway I would think the warranty might have issues. Some one did put Boss stripes on it. I'll see if I can find the ad and post it up here.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:41 AM
weazer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=...m=221057594216

Ok, here is the ad. They do have an actual Boss listed as well, and I did check, the motor pics are different, so its not like the motor pics got swapped. Still waiting on a reply from them, I didnt have time to call them.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:54 AM
JimC

My guess is still the same - they don't know and just are saying "boss" engine because someone put the Boss intake on it. They don't have any idea that there is a difference between the GT 5.0 and the Boss 5.0.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:47 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

That is definitely a nice looking ride though... Someone who isn't up to speed on the BOSS will likely pick that up at their asking price and never know any better... All in all, it appears to be taken care of...

From the pics, I wouldn't be ashamed to own it... however, I'd rip that BOSS stripe off the sides so I wouldn't get ridiculed for pretending to be something it isn't.

Here's the window sticker...

If it were me, I would make the trip to go look at it and see it for myself.
Don

Last edited by BigDinTexas; 06-28-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:13 PM
weazer

Here is the email they sent back...
"This has the 5.0 motor that is in the Boss. The Boss from factory has a modified intake manifold and different turning. The previous owner who had this car bought it just before the Boss was released. He considered trading in for the Boss, but found that he was able to accomplish the neccesary upgrades to the car to make it identical to the Boss performance wise (ie: Intake and tuning). In truth, this Mustand produces about 20 more HP than the Boss. Plus, many of the Boss Mustangs are basic or bare when it comes to options. This Mustang is option loaded with all the performance of the Boss... That's why the price point is very attactive!
Feel free to call me to learn more."

He didn't answer my warranty questions, so I'll have to call when I get a chance.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:30 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

I kinda LOVE the stripes, except for actually saying "boss." I'd replace the c stripes for a pair without the "b" word.

It's a helluva nice car.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:51 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by weazer
He didn't answer my warranty questions.
Red flag.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Tygr1
2nd Gear Member

I'd definitely be wary.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:42 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

I'm digging the R8

I would kiss the warranty good by. Do they have the tuner for it?

HOpe it's not like the first 11 I bought. Dealer just spent $9200 replacing the motor and have it back up for sale

Boss and brembo don't go so well. I do not believe it's even a option for a BOSS. So, the look a like is not going so hot.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:05 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

The dealer not answering the warranty question could have easily been overlooked...or it may in fact be that red flag. That issue would require more questions.

Other than that, I see no problem with it.

Obviously, look at the car in person and DRIVE IT.

What are you guys seeing that makes this car so damn scary?

Originally Posted by 99gtstang

Boss and brembo don't go so well. I do not believe it's even a option for a BOSS. So, the look a like is not going so hot.
The car has Brembos, and it's a bit of a Boss clone, Bosses aren't offered with Brembos. Off to the scrap heap with the pos!

Quick Reply: Is this Mustang worth it?