Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

cdc agressive chin spoiler with pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 06:54 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default cdc agressive chin spoiler with pics

So I started today. I did a little research and decided to rivet a piece of angled aluminum underneath the opening. The spoiler gets wavy in this section. You can buy long pieces of angled aluminum at home depot.

The instructions tell you to raise the front, remove the wheels and lower splash shield. All that just to access the lower grill tabs, which you aren't going to reuse. I just pulled the sucka out. No lifting, no wheels removed. cutting out the plastic behind the lower grill is pretty self explanatory, but I took this pick to show that you need to cut the three vertical supports flush, but don't cut the lip off the back.

I used a couple different razor knives and a mini hacksaw to do the cutting. a razor knife cuts through it like butter, so be careful how much pressure you apply.

Angled aluminum pop riveted to the underside of the spoiler using aluminum rivets. I cut a notch in one side of the aluminum so I could bend it to the angle of the spoiler.

This pic didn't come out to good, but it's the underside of the spoiler. This is the thinnest angled aluminum that home depot sells. 8 foot piece is pretty reasonable.

the paint is still drying. I initially used some black bumper paint, but it didn't give me the look I wanted. I sprayed a coat of bed liner on it and it doesn't look half bad. I post some pics when it's on, still drying. If the bedliner doesn't hold up, then I may try some plasti dip.

Last edited by moosestang; 06-29-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

That's looking pretty darn good to me!
Old 06-30-2012, 02:05 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

All done. Came out good except the strip that bolts to the top of the grill opening is hanging down a little in two spots. I think if I make the bolt holes a little bigger I can take up the slack in these spots.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:38 PM
mfergel
2nd Gear Member

That's interesting with the bed liner material. Do you think it makes it look like the textured plastic used on the newer Mustangs?
Old 06-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

That looks really good, Moose!
Good job.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:20 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mfergel
That's interesting with the bed liner material. Do you think it makes it look like the textured plastic used on the newer Mustangs?

Yes. It gives it a textured plastic look. It has a rougher feel to it though.

I used the aerosol can of duplicolor bed amour.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:08 AM
CDCSales
Former Sponsor

That looks great, Moosestang! Hopefully the install was easy to follow so you were able to get the job done without any issues!

The paint looks good, too. Very clean. Nice job!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:29 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

pretty easy to follow. I used the online instructions on your site before I even got the spoiler. I just drove around for a week with it cut out.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Looks clean man, I like the bedliner treatment.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:05 AM
mfergel
2nd Gear Member

Everytime I see that one I love how it looks but just get apprehensive about cutting up my front bumper because there's no going back after you do. I kind of wish they made some type of factory look honeycomb grill to fill the open spot (but that sat further back than the stock grill pieces.

Quick Reply: cdc agressive chin spoiler with pics