Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Roush Question concerning purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 10:35 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

oh moose if you only knew. My last one.. just a greyish 2002 vert with 0 mods. Every time I came out of somewhere there were new key scratches, dents, dings, handprints, shoeprints.. But I live in a classy city. Dayton Ohio. They don't call it the armpit of Ohio for nothing.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:37 AM
weazer

Going to the dealer tomorrow to dirve the Roush and play with a 13, hopefully I can make up my mind. One question though, is it really worth it to get the premium over the base model? I know the differences just seeing what others thought.

Thanks,
Old 07-13-2012, 12:45 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by weazer
One question though, is it really worth it to get the premium over the base model? I know the differences just seeing what others thought.

Thanks,
In a word, Yes.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:03 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

There will always be a niche for Roush fans but it depends on what you are doing with the car. Don't know if you know much about them, but (Jack) Roush is involved in various racing and Nascar, both Sprint and Nationwide. Not to mention that but actively involves himself with his Nascar vehicles.

Anyways, if you baby this car and use it a few weekends out of the year, then a Roush might be worth the investment as it will hold value better. If you use this every day, the more miles you put on it, the more value it will lose. In that case you should just go for a GT, unless you can get a fantastic deal on the Roush.

At the end of the day, yes you are paying for the markup and name because it's a lightly to heavily modded GT, not a separate line like the shelby cobra. I'm a Roush fan myself and my favorite driver is #99 Carl Edwards but it all depends on if you have the money and want to spend it for such.

Last edited by alkemist; 07-13-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:11 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by moosestang
Don't park like an A-hole, that's bad advise. If you do, some A-hole will make you pay for it.

I don't see any of these cars holding their value better than any other mustang. They just start out at a higher price, so naturally they are going to sell for more used. Just look at the msrp for a roush and regular gt and do the math.

Why don't you see them holding their value more?
Heck I've seen 03-04 Termi's hold their value more than the GT's of their time.
I have seen ALL special models hold their value more. ESPECIALLY when well kept.
Heck even when they are kept normal Ive seen the keep their value more than normal models kept in the same condition.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 07-14-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:06 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Great info and good rebate! I'm in the market for a GT Stang myself. Thanks!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:45 AM
weazer

I went last weekend and looked at them and settled for a 12 premium, ingot silver. I went this way since its a clean slate and i can do what I want to do as far as mods and still have a car that I can drive anytime I want and take anywhere. Plus, the rebates and X-plan made the 12 a very good deal. Now on to deciding what items I want to order for it.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:16 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Congrats and good color choice. It's fun to work with and easier to keep clean.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
It doesn't really matter how far out, some people are just like that. You make your car look nice, they want to F with it. You take up two spaces, they see that as you giving them the middle finger, so they want to F with it.
Ain't that the truth. Which is one reason my Stang isn't my DD and the only dings on it are on the front from rode debris. My wife's Stang is her DD and she parks out in bum fu*k. Someone pulled up right next to her once as she was walking to the store and I thought I'd be bailing her out of jail for assault.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:05 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I stopped worrying about that. It's my DD and I already have a ding on my passenger door and small one on my quarter panel. Unfortunately both of them were caused at my parents home by other members of my family so I can't complain too much, but they are there. I do however try to pick the better spots or a little further out but I normally don't just go out to no man's land. I've learned that lesson hard too and it involved more than just my car.

Quick Reply: Roush Question concerning purchase