Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Roush Question concerning purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 02:42 PM
weazer

Default Roush Question concerning purchase

Still trying to find the right stang, I have a dealer trying to clear out some Roush models, so i'm trying to decide if I truly want to go with one of those or a 13 GT premium. He has a 2010 427R, or a 2011 stage 2, both come in right around the $35,000 mark. My initial idea was to get a 2011 or 12 and mod it how I want, rims tires, suspension. I dont really need the SC, but Id take it if available Anyway, he's saying how the Roush will hold its value blah blah blah, but he's the one that was trying to talk me out of an 08 GT500 too. Thats why Im asking if the Roush cars will hold thier value or if he's tring to offload unsold ones onto me. I like the looks, I would just like a few things different and I wouldn't touch the Roush if I bought it mod wise.

My other issue is, I kinda wanted a sleeper. Not so much for street racing, but something that doesnt stand out so much that i wont be paraniod taking it to the mall or out for dinner in the evenings. I'm out in small town america and its rare to see Roush's floating around.

Thanks guy's,
Old 07-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

a Roush model definitely commands a little more attention - and I think they hold their value better than regular GT models (similar to GT500's holding their value a little better). Overall they are just slightly modded Mustang's though so you can't expect them to hold value like a collector's type of vehicle.

I think this is one you're going to have to figure out on your own man. we can all say what we'd do, but its your money and your choice : )
Old 07-10-2012, 02:55 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

It will hold. I see Roushs' with almost 100k miles selling for mid 20s. I bought mine with 16k miles for 31,000. I have had it 5 months and its an 07 Stage 3 vert. You won't want to be taking it to a dealer for a trade in though. Private sale or lose cash all day long with the Roush.
Also, yeah you can prety much forget sleeper. I am stared at and challenged all the time. People yelling out their windows "nice car" and about every time I go to a gas station or somewhere people are milling around I will lose 20 minutes talking. You can park as far away as you want (I do.. far far away) and it's almost guaranteed someones still going to park next to you 30 spaces away from the next nearest car. You have to get creative about parking it to have no one next to you. Park like an a-hole and take 2 spots, park sideways, next to a curb to only allow one side to be parkey by, etc..

www.fnsweet.com That is the Roush forum.. Lots of advice and information in there.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:59 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

I will add that, if you plan on spending that kind of money, take the time to find the exact one you want. I used Ebay and after some time hunting I ended up in South Carolina.

BTW, all that stuff I said about staring, challenges, talking, parking, etc... I LOVE IT!
Old 07-10-2012, 03:10 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Don't park like an A-hole, that's bad advise. If you do, some A-hole will make you pay for it.

I don't see any of these cars holding their value better than any other mustang. They just start out at a higher price, so naturally they are going to sell for more used. Just look at the msrp for a roush and regular gt and do the math.

Last edited by moosestang; 07-10-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:08 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Parking that way, I am talking about at the far end of the lot in an attempt to get that random person not to park by you. If you are going in to park by everyone else then yes, absolutely dont park like I said. It would only make it way more possible that your car gets beat on. That goes for any car though..lol
Old 07-10-2012, 05:18 PM
weazer

Now I was just informed that I can get X-plan pricing. Anyone know about that?
Old 07-10-2012, 05:54 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by weazer
Now I was just informed that I can get X-plan pricing. Anyone know about that?
Who informed you? Didn't they know about it? It's about $2,000 off msrp on a gt premium, plus whatever incentives they are offering. if you get one with a bunch of options, then you get a little more off. You should have a partner code that you enter at www.fordpartners.com and then you put in your information to generate a pin #. Take that pin, along with whatever else it tells you, to your dealer when you are ready to buy.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:10 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape
Parking that way, I am talking about at the far end of the lot in an attempt to get that random person not to park by you. If you are going in to park by everyone else then yes, absolutely dont park like I said. It would only make it way more possible that your car gets beat on. That goes for any car though..lol
It doesn't really matter how far out, some people are just like that. You make your car look nice, they want to F with it. You take up two spaces, they see that as you giving them the middle finger, so they want to F with it.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:18 PM
weazer

Well the one dealer I was at Sat mentioned something about it and supposedly looked to see if my wires work is one it and he said no. She just looked this afternoon and she said we are entitled to it, she has a pin number now. I was trying to search on there and yea its 2-2500 off, plus rebates so those left over 12's might be the way to go.

Quick Reply: Roush Question concerning purchase