Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharger or motorcycle or NA with suspension mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 07:38 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
LOL! I'm an organ donor.
same here... became a donor at 16 when I got my motorcycle endorsement. it's the right thing to do.

Originally Posted by Chevy Convert
No boost on my stang but riding is simply more fun. That said I only ride for pleasure. I never commute and only ride twisty roads. Nothing compares. I love cars too but there is something so pure about man and machine that only a bike offers. If you can have both a bike and and a decently modded NA car you've got a great set up. There is no way I give up a bike just for a blower
agree 100%
Old 08-22-2012, 04:48 AM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

I have to agree with that, but if he doesn't know what he's missing, then, well, he won't be missing it. And a lot of people crash hard before they ever get to enjoy the corners. Taking a tight corner on 2 wheels is way better on a bike, no comparison. Cornering in a car you are just being tossed about, but on the bike you are part of it.

I spend 2 weeks each year in the mountains of Western NC and there's no place I'd rather be.

That's a 2009 Buell 1125cr with me on it. Picture was taken on the Tail of the dragon by Killboy.com. They take pictures of every vehicle on that road and will sell you a digital copy for a few bucks. I always buy a couple pictures of myself, lol!
Well, I have been on the twisties on 2 wheels before, which is one reason this is such a hard choice. I love it! I do know a car would be a safer choice normally.

I'll have to look around and see what I could find one for. I saw a full fairings kit for it too (just my preference). I've always wanted to go to the dragon, no matter if I have a bike or or a supercharged car.

Does anyone have a link to the department of boost manifold info? Do they have a website yet?
Old 08-22-2012, 07:45 AM
Beersnob5150
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by yourmyboybh1026

Does anyone have a link to the department of boost manifold info? Do they have a website yet?
As far as I know, they don't have a website. I e-mailed them and got a ton of info about the kit. Their e-mail address is departmentofboost@yahoo.com. From the looks of things, it appears to be a pretty solid kit.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:02 PM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

For those of you who have supercharged cars as daily drivers, do you ever wish they weren't or that you had another car to drive daily?
Old 08-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

I will let you know in a couple of weeks!
Old 08-22-2012, 04:57 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by yourmyboybh1026
For those of you who have supercharged cars as daily drivers, do you ever wish they weren't or that you had another car to drive daily?
Only so I could buy a brenspeed b326 and take my time swapping all my engine parts to it.

Last edited by moosestang; 08-22-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Chevy Convert
2nd Gear Member

I'm 38. Had lots of muscle cars and bikes. I know the last thing I would do is buy a power added car from a stranger. Keep resale in mind. Also if it was a DD commuter I would not do it. That's just me. Since my mustang is an 05 with only 30k and a fun car only I'd consider doing it one day (or get 5.0).
Old 08-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Beersnob5150
1st Gear Member

I'm 38. Had lots of muscle cars and bikes. I know the last thing I would do is buy a power added car from a stranger. Keep resale in mind. Also if it was a DD commuter I would not do it. That's just me. Since my mustang is an 05 with only 30k and a fun car only I'd consider doing it one day (or get 5.0).
Daggonit, why'd you have to go and get all logical on me. I too, am 38, had lots of muscle cars and bikes and wouldn't buy a power adder from a stranger. I also DD my Mustang and it's an 05 with only 30K miles on it. I, however, was contemplating a supercharger, but I'm just wondering how smart it would be to put a $7K blower on a $15K car knowing that it'll just be money thrown away.

I could buy a pretty nice motorcycle for $7K and probably get a lot more use out of it.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:22 AM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

My long term goal would be to that exact thing, but that wouldn't happen till I had another daily driver and a better job haha.

Only so I could buy a brenspeed b326 and take my time swapping all my engine parts to it.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:01 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I'm 50 miles from the N Ga mountains...gateway to the skyway, gap and 28 etc. You should come a little South and ride the roads around Suches...referred to as Six Gap.
Well hold on guys!!
You can't be putting hookups together without including me!!
I'll get your asses banned, you hear me!
But seriously, I plan to go in your nick of the woods next month on my big twin as well...
Moose, you're game?

Here me motorceecle:

Quick Reply: Supercharger or motorcycle or NA with suspension mods