Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Struts and Shocks for '06 GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

The lower brace is a good idea - good enough that Ford apparently started including their own version at some point between your car and my 2008.

Do you know for sure that it's the camber that's off? The sort of wear that you described is often the result of dead front struts and/or toe that's off.

Norm
Old 09-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Wendlandt

Koni STR-T's are going on Wednesday (struts and shocks), non adjustable (orange). Also the lower arm brace and camber bolts. The shop that does this for me has been very good, they do the alignment also. I'll post later as to how I like the changes....new wheels and tires will happen this winter and I'll put those on next spring. Also going to have some body work done next spring too....I'ld like to add a functioning hood scoop...recommendations? Thanks all!
Old 09-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I am very happy with my Tokico D Specs. When I first bought them, I did not think I would notice an adjustable shock. I can literally make my car ride change from riding a like a cadilac to a very firm race car.

Any of the shocks mentioned on here will make you happy.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Wendlandt

Just a quick update to all that have read this thread so far - I had the Koni struts and shocks put in yesterday along with the lower arm brace and camber bolts. The shop that does this for me said that the camber wasn't out of spec when they started and that they noticed nothing else wrong. I have put on about 100 miles since the work was done and I can REALLY tell the difference in handling, the ride is just a smidge tighter but overall the car feels great. Thus far I think it was really worth it. My cost the work done yesterday:

Koni str-t (orange) struts and shocks (Tire Rack): $438 including shipping to my house
Lower arm brace (Ford Racing) 56
Camber bolts (Eibach) 24
Labor for all work including tire rotation
and alignment, rotor grinding including tax, etc. 391

TOTAL $909

Time will tell is this helps with the front tire wear issue. Thanks for all the input from everyone!
Old 09-06-2012, 03:55 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Wendlandt
I am making this last attempt at getting any input as to what people have found to be good struts and shocks for an '06 GT. I have not done ANY mods to the suspension, height, etc. There is 72k miles on it now and am experiencing tire wear on the front (cupping on the inside). I have ordered the camber bolt replacement for the front and also the lower control arm brace. I have the strut tower upper brace already. I don't race this car nor abuse it much, it's my daily driver for 3 seasons a year and I keep it very nice. Before I put new wheels and tires on it I want to be assured the alignment is right and will stay in place. I don't want to spend any more money than necessary. Thanks in advance for any advice from anyone!
I would recommend our Pro-Action dampers for your purposes. They are a high-quality non-adjustable damper that are best-suited for daily drivers/some racing. They also come with a lifetime warranty!

Check it out and let me know if I can help you with these: http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-m...nd-struts.html