Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

tune with x pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 04:15 PM
05Pony
1st Gear Member

Default RE: tune with x pipe?

Really.. why dosnt' mine sit like that when it launches? Also when it comes to intakes what would be the best power for my $$$ i alrady have the predator tuner. now im just lookn for ideas of what to do next other then a SC.. Thanks
Old 10-03-2005, 04:22 PM
05Pony
1st Gear Member

Also Brenspeed what is your thoughts on under drive pullies.. my shop here in Dallas said its a waist cause on the 05s it woldn't make that much of a diff.. and he told me to get K&N filter system instead of anything else.. what do you think... there is so much out there what is the best what should i get..
Old 10-03-2005, 05:51 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: TruBlu03GT

Hey Brenspeed, I'm getting ready to order one of your tuner packages, just out of curiousity, what kinda numbers did that x-pipe put down? Thanks for the help.
On the car tested the X pipe did great for the money. It picked up 7 rwhp and an awesome 10 foot pounds peak but as much as 13 foot pounds under the curve. Here is a list of mods this car had during the test.

308 rwhp 324 ft. lbs
2005 GT 5 speed
C&L air intake, Steeda Pulleys, Pypes X pipe, Mac Mufflers, Spec clutch/flywheel, X-cal 2 running our Brenspeed tune. Everything else is factory stock.

Old 10-03-2005, 06:06 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: 05Pony

Also Brenspeed what is your thoughts on under drive pullies.. my shop here in Dallas said its a waist cause on the 05s it woldn't make that much of a diff.. and he told me to get K&N filter system instead of anything else.. what do you think... there is so much out there what is the best what should i get..

Here is my take on pulleys and the other question above on air intakes. I think pulleys are well worth it. Most cars pick up 6 rwhp some more and I can feel the difference with pulleys. They are a $250 part that works. There are a lot of parts out there that dont work and cost way more.

The K&N is a good system and makes good power. When combined with our custom tune it is an awesome difference in power. As for the best most of the good systems are pretty close in power. We carry different types and our two top sellers are C&L being #1 and K&N being #2. There are even more kits on the market that work good but like I said in the end the handfull that work good make near the same power. Your tuner is the one that really controls to an extent how much power you are going to make so it could be the best intake in the world and not make much power if not tuned correctly.

And to the question on the suspension used on the mustang in the picture below it is stock. The tires are ET street which make it hook. The gears used during that picture were the stock 3.55 gears.

Old 10-03-2005, 09:50 PM
05Pony
1st Gear Member

Ok cool so who should i go threw to get the pulleys and intake. and how tough is the instals on the pulleys...

ORIGINAL: BRENSPEED

Here is my take on pulleys and the other question above on air intakes. I think pulleys are well worth it. Most cars pick up 6 rwhp some more and I can feel the difference with pulleys. They are a $250 part that works. There are a lot of parts out there that dont work and cost way more.

The K&N is a good system and makes good power. When combined with our custom tune it is an awesome difference in power. As for the best most of the good systems are pretty close in power. We carry different types and our two top sellers are C&L being #1 and K&N being #2. There are even more kits on the market that work good but like I said in the end the handfull that work good make near the same power. Your tuner is the one that really controls to an extent how much power you are going to make so it could be the best intake in the world and not make much power if not tuned correctly.

And to the question on the suspension used on the mustang in the picture below it is stock. The tires are ET street which make it hook. The gears used during that picture were the stock 3.55 gears.

Old 10-03-2005, 11:15 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Ok cool so who should i go threw to get the pulleys and intake. and how tough is the instals on the pulleys...

I know of a good shop that stocks them.

CLICK FOR A GOOD SHOP

Old 10-04-2005, 12:13 AM
05Pony
1st Gear Member

So is the C&L CAI worth 100 bucks more then the K&N.. cause thats a freakn huge price diff..
Old 10-04-2005, 12:15 AM
05Pony
1st Gear Member

Also what would you suggest when it comes to throttle bodies? how much of a gain.. how much.. and what kinda of tune would i need if i installed that and the CAI?
Old 10-04-2005, 08:39 PM
SCstanger
1st Gear Member

Question on the exhaust and tunes ..I installed the JBA shorties, Bassani x-pipe w/high flow cats and mac axle backs...Anyone have to retune for the header change?
Old 10-05-2005, 12:08 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Also what would you suggest when it comes to throttle bodies? how much of a gain.. how much.. and what kinda of tune would i need if i installed that and the CAI?
I am testing a throttle body next week. Odds are like some parts a tune wont be a MUST but I am sure I can find more power by tuning.

The C&L is $76 more. It has a cast inlet pipe not a plastic one. Is it worth more? That is up to the customer but I can say I sell way more C&L and I offer both. They each have there benifits.

Quick Reply: tune with x pipe?