Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MGW Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 10:26 AM
13pony
1st Gear Member

Default MGW Finally!

Got my MGW!!!! If you are on the fence....GET OFF!!! I had to wait a couple painful weeks, but I am so glad I did. Shifts are crisp, short, and DOWNshifts (where I live), are much much better. I know these trannies will never shift like a T45 with a Steeda,(because of the linkage), but my faith has been restored that I will be happy for many years to come. What a relief!

Last edited by 13pony; 09-03-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

MGW is DEFINITELY the absolute KING of shifters.
There are great ones out there... but MGW is in an entirely different league than even the best ones out there.

I have drove every brand of shifter out there on these Mustangs and I can say that with certainty. We got one in our 06 when we had it after testing every other brand over and over with friend's Mustangs. (We have quite a gathering of them here)
I've said over and over this is the only time I have ever said one company is the best when it comes to aftermarket parts because they are either very close to the same quality, or there are different trade offs.
MGW is the exception to that.

Congrats!
Old 09-03-2012, 01:42 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 13pony
Got my MGW!!!! If you are on the fence....GET OFF!!! I had to wait a couple painful weeks, but I am so glad I did. Shifts are crisp, short, and DOWNshifts (where I live), are much much better. I know these trannies will never shift like a T45 with a Steeda,(because of the linkage), but my faith has been restored that I will be happy for many years to come. What a relief!
mine's been installed since June...i didn't dynomat the tunnel area, so it's a bit chatty...but i LOVE it!!!
Shifts are like you said, crisp and short!
oh and it helped getting a tune to turn off the annoying skip-shift feature on the 11-12 models
Old 09-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Warrio17
2nd Gear Member

I ordered mine Saturday 9/1, what is the typical turn around time on these?
Old 09-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Wish I knew these days.
Back in 08 I believe it took us like 4 or 5 days to receive ours
in the 06GT we had. Keep in mind that is BUSINESS days so I'm thinking yours would ship out
on Tuesday given that Monday was a holiday.

Given that time period and the business days.
I'd expect either Friday or Monday.
Again that's just my guess though.

And back orders do happen with every popular company sometimes.
I would imagine they would send you an email automatically if it was on back order, or send you
one tomorrow. With any sort of luck a back order won't be the case though.

MGW is good about getting things to you in a timely manner, just as they are great at everything else they friggin' do.
MGW is just awesome. No joke buddy!

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 09-03-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default MGW Fan

I was in the first 100 buyers ("Beta group") of the new MGW for the S197 5 spd. trannys. It IS the very best shifter for these transmissions - period. The first MGWs went through a couple of upgrades with changes in bushings and springs. These were shipped to us free as soon as the need became apparent. This is part of MGW's terrific customer service. You could say the shifters evolved over the first year or so.
I can't imagine why anybody would buy anything else. To those that complain about the price, I remind them there is no other mod you can make that you use constantly like the shifter. Like the OP said, if you're on the fence, get off now!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Mob Bomber
1st Gear Member

Warrio- I bought mine back in April of this year and it took them about a month and a half to ship it. They hand make and CNC all the parts in house so sometimes it takes awhile if they are low on parts. It's worth the wait time especially since you are replacing the whole factory stock unit with in indestructible aftermarket one. Best shifter I've ever dealt with IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:16 PM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

I absolutely love mine. Got it with the black with silver stripes Rally ****. Took me maybe 4-5 days if I remember correctly. They were also very nice on the phone.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Whether it be New Edge or S197 MGW is in a league of their own!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:57 PM
UrS4
4th Gear Member

My favorite mod by far!

Quick Reply: MGW Finally!