Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Second messed up order. PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 05:01 AM
JonnyW
1st Gear Member

Unhappy Second messed up order. PLEASE HELP

I saved my money for a few years to put a big down payment on a brand new 2013 Mustang GT Premium.. this is the second order I made x.x the first time, my saleperson left out my track package and so I went back in to change it. I said that the track pack was left out and they had to order another vehicle because the first one wasn't able to be changed, so they added in the track pack.
My 19th birthday was the other day and the first order came in so I went to go see it... the car looked awesome until I took a seat. My recaros were missing and were replaced with the 401a and comfort package. Like WTF. I said you have gotta be ****ing kidding me. Then we check back on the second order and my recaros are still left out for the 401a and comfort package, AND my exterior package on my second order is ALSO left out. Guys I'm freaking out and I don't know what to do :'( I've been waiting since May now and I won't even be able to enjoy the car. Snow is gonna hit in Minnesota, then in February I'm leaving for Air Force basic training. Is there anything I can do to get my recaros and my exterior package? Or should I suck it up and just go with it anyway..
Will I even like the 401a w/ comfort vs. Recaros?
Old 09-07-2012, 06:29 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Go to a different dealer who can navigate the ordering system and get what you want... Don't freak out... You haven't bought the car yet so you are "stuck" with anything.

Good luck,
Don
Old 09-07-2012, 07:28 AM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

I wouldn't "suck it up" because if you do everytime you get in the car you'll regret not getting what you wanted. Like BigDin said, go to another dealership and hopefully they will get the order right.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:08 AM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

No, don't suck it up and give in.. It's your car and you need to purchase what you want and what will make you happy.. It sucks to wait but it'll be worth it when you get the car you're dreaming of
Old 09-07-2012, 09:40 AM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Walk. Away.

If you're going to basic training, trust me, the payments and insurance are going to kill you on the minimal E1-E3 pay you'll be getting when you first join the Air Force. I've seen too many of my Airmen drive up in cars I couldn't afford only to live off Ramen for the next couple years until they get promoted or they have to give up the car very quickly. Or worse, they find themselves with a kid or spouse and then you're really screwed. Do yourself a favor, just walk away. Get a beater until you get promoted to around E4 or E5, then have some fun. Trust me, I speak from the experience of having to discipline troops for total financial irresponsibility that they could have easily avoided. Save your money and use it for an emergency fund, because there WILL be emergencies.

Edit:
Just to hammer home the point, check out this Enlisted Pay Chart.

That means you'll be making between $1500-$1800 a month, before taxes, in your first couple years after you enlist. Subtract:

Taxes
Food/drinks (you'll buy a lot more than you think)
GAS
Miscellaneous work supplies (and there are A LOT)
Emergencies (you will have them...a tire blows out, your windshield cracks, maybe you have to buy a plane ticket home to visit a sick loved one, etc)
Maybe you'll wind up with a kid (this happens a lot, **** happens and then you'll find yourself with absolutely NO MONEY, even if you say it will never happen)
You get married (there goes all your disposable income)
Beer (just being honest here)
You might get a pet

The list goes on and on, I'm just trying to help you to not be another Airman that stands in front of my desk having to explain his expenses because he failed to make a payment on his government travel card or is unable to afford something critical and it causes you to miss a movement or puts you in a financial situation so desperate you'll be below the poverty line. If you do it too often, I have to kick you out. JUST DON'T DO IT.

Last edited by CMcNam; 09-07-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Originally Posted by JonnyW
I saved my money for a few years to put a big down payment on a brand new 2013 Mustang GT Premium.. this is the second order I made x.x the first time, my saleperson left out my track package and so I went back in to change it. I said that the track pack was left out and they had to order another vehicle because the first one wasn't able to be changed, so they added in the track pack.
My 19th birthday was the other day and the first order came in so I went to go see it... the car looked awesome until I took a seat. My recaros were missing and were replaced with the 401a and comfort package. Like WTF. I said you have gotta be ****ing kidding me. Then we check back on the second order and my recaros are still left out for the 401a and comfort package, AND my exterior package on my second order is ALSO left out. Guys I'm freaking out and I don't know what to do :'( I've been waiting since May now and I won't even be able to enjoy the car. Snow is gonna hit in Minnesota, then in February I'm leaving for Air Force basic training. Is there anything I can do to get my recaros and my exterior package? Or should I suck it up and just go with it anyway..
Will I even like the 401a w/ comfort vs. Recaros?
Dude what are you doing at 19 to afford a 2013 GT? Im jelous....
Old 09-07-2012, 11:53 AM
awbreyjd
2nd Gear Member

Agree with holding off until your in a better paying Rank. before I hit E-4 in the Marine Corps **** was hard to afford. But I say this, if you saved up 10 grand for the car and that is your downpayment, then hey go for it as that should knock the payments to a more affordable range. But if your payments are over 400 a month just step back for a bit.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Jhawk
1st Gear Member

If you saved up enough cash for the downshot. Buy the car you want while you are young!
Old 09-07-2012, 12:22 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CMcNam
Walk. Away.

If you're going to basic training, trust me, the payments and insurance are going to kill you on the minimal E1-E3 pay you'll be getting when you first join the Air Force. I've seen too many of my Airmen drive up in cars I couldn't afford only to live off Ramen for the next couple years until they get promoted or they have to give up the car very quickly. Or worse, they find themselves with a kid or spouse and then you're really screwed. Do yourself a favor, just walk away. Get a beater until you get promoted to around E4 or E5, then have some fun. Trust me, I speak from the experience of having to discipline troops for total financial irresponsibility that they could have easily avoided. Save your money and use it for an emergency fund, because there WILL be emergencies.

Edit:
Just to hammer home the point, check out this Enlisted Pay Chart.

That means you'll be making between $1500-$1800 a month, before taxes, in your first couple years after you enlist. Subtract:

Taxes
Food/drinks (you'll buy a lot more than you think)
GAS
Miscellaneous work supplies (and there are A LOT)
Emergencies (you will have them...a tire blows out, your windshield cracks, maybe you have to buy a plane ticket home to visit a sick loved one, etc)
Maybe you'll wind up with a kid (this happens a lot, **** happens and then you'll find yourself with absolutely NO MONEY, even if you say it will never happen)
You get married (there goes all your disposable income)
Beer (just being honest here)
You might get a pet

The list goes on and on, I'm just trying to help you to not be another Airman that stands in front of my desk having to explain his expenses because he failed to make a payment on his government travel card or is unable to afford something critical and it causes you to miss a movement or puts you in a financial situation so desperate you'll be below the poverty line. If you do it too often, I have to kick you out. JUST DON'T DO IT.
To build off CMcNam's post, consider that if you did get the 2013 now, you'll have only a couple months at best to enjoy it... then off to basic and then off to tech school for whatever AFSC... That's another 4-6 months without your baby.. By this point you might have orders, but what if your first duty assignment is an unaccompanied tour in Korea... Then you'll be separated even longer... I spent my first 3 years of my Air Force career without a car... and it wasn't hard to deal with. I was a 2W0 (ammo troop) and was sent off to Germany for my first duty station... I left my truck with my dad and didn't get it back until I got stationed stateside. I was single and had other friends who had a car, but I just biked my way to and from the bomb dump and it helped me stay in tip top shape to boot...

I would take that money you have saved so far, put it in a high yield CD for 36 months and then order a new car (or buy used if you are still set on a 2013) and probably have a much easier time with the pay that servicemen and women deal with at the beginning of their enlistments.

Don
IYAAYAS!
Old 09-07-2012, 03:52 PM
JonnyW
1st Gear Member

Thank you guys for all the feedback I slept on it and took a look at my options that came with the car. The 401a with comfort package might be nice to have at times, plus I get the pony projector lamp which is always a nice touch. I guess I do like the 401a touches a lot better than the stock. Only thing that sucks is the extra 160lbs without the Recaros.. but then again why not just remove my a/c, radio, etc if I'm going to be that extreme xd

As far as the exterior package goes; I was going to modify that anyways. I'll just rant when it comes in about not having scoops/louvers/pedestal.

What do you guys think about the 401a package??
And what do you think the new 2014 Mustang will look like? Lol my dealership tried to sell me one of those, saying they'll look the same as the 2013 when rumors of a modern update are flying around.

Quick Reply: Second messed up order. PLEASE HELP