Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Next mods for '10 GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 06:41 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Default Next mods for '10 GT

whats up guys, looking for some advice here. As of now, i have a full exhaust, CAI and tune, my underhood is dressed up, tinted windows, 2x12 sub in the trunk, new tails, rear diffuser, side splitters, CDC chin, new grille/pony emblem, painted calipers, and interior is dressed up.

I am also getting an MGW short throw and new shifter ball, and my eibach pro kit plus is on its way. After the car is lowered i will be putting on some new rims and tires.

My question is what would you guys do next? (besides supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and gears). Ill post some pics so you guys can get an idea of what im working with.

Thanks!!

Name:  Resampled_2012-09-07_12-25-04_235.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  132.9 KB
Name:  Resampled_2012-09-07_12-23-47_32.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  100.4 KB
Name:  Resampled_2012-09-07_12-24-14_813.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  95.0 KB
Name:  Resampled_2012-08-21_14-59-40_710.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  101.6 KB
Name:  Underhood.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  93.2 KB
Old 09-10-2012, 06:53 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Performance or appearance?
Old 09-10-2012, 07:00 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
Performance or appearance?
Im leaning more towards appearance mods, as i dont want to supercharge this car at this time. I would consider some performance mods however but seeing what i can do to enhance it even more appearance wise
Old 09-10-2012, 07:15 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Not much else to do, you've done a lot already.. I can't see the pics on the computer I'm on but I don't see a hood in your mod list.. I would probably go with that. I nice looking cowl hood or my two personal favorites, black mamba hood or saleen powerflow..

Could probably get a few more suspension goodies too though, adj panhard will help with those springe to balance out the rear.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:17 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Not much else to do, you've done a lot already.. I can't see the pics on the computer I'm on but I don't see a hood in your mod list.. I would probably go with that. I nice looking cowl hood or my two personal favorites, black mamba hood or saleen powerflow..

Could probably get a few more suspension goodies too though, adj panhard will help with those springe to balance out the rear.
I forgot to mention that, I;ve got an adj panhard bar, new front and rear sways, and new strut mounts!

A hood is a good idea, especially the mamba hoods. those are insanely nice
Old 09-10-2012, 07:27 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Then go with the hood.. That would be my next upgrade if I were you.. or some nice valve covers or an intake plenum for under the hood..
Old 09-10-2012, 07:31 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Then go with the hood.. That would be my next upgrade if I were you.. or some nice valve covers or an intake plenum for under the hood..
yeah, definitly going to have to get some valve covers also
Old 09-13-2012, 03:10 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by xx10Gt
whats up guys, looking for some advice here. As of now, i have a full exhaust, CAI and tune, my underhood is dressed up, tinted windows, 2x12 sub in the trunk, new tails, rear diffuser, side splitters, CDC chin, new grille/pony emblem, painted calipers, and interior is dressed up.

I am also getting an MGW short throw and new shifter ball, and my eibach pro kit plus is on its way. After the car is lowered i will be putting on some new rims and tires.

My question is what would you guys do next? (besides supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and gears). Ill post some pics so you guys can get an idea of what im working with.

Thanks!!
I would check into lower and upper control arms (to help eliminate wheel hop), heavy-duty upper strut mounts (to correct camber after lowering), and an adjustable panhard bar (to re-center the rear-end after lowering)

Let me know if I can setup a package deal for you or if I can help with anything else.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:17 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon
I would check into lower and upper control arms (to help eliminate wheel hop), heavy-duty upper strut mounts (to correct camber after lowering), and an adjustable panhard bar (to re-center the rear-end after lowering)

Let me know if I can setup a package deal for you or if I can help with anything else.
Great, thanks. I already purchased an adj panhard bar and upper strut mounts and upper control arms and LCA's will come sometime down the road. Trying to think of more appearance mods as of right now
Old 09-13-2012, 03:23 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by xx10Gt
Great, thanks. I already purchased an adj panhard bar and upper strut mounts and upper control arms and LCA's will come sometime down the road. Trying to think of more appearance mods as of right now
If you're considering a hood, take a look at a couple of our options:
Vented Cowl Hood:

Q-Series Functional Hood:

We only offer quality hoods that have great fitment.

Quick Reply: Next mods for '10 GT