Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MY FRPP TUNE IS SICKKKK!!!!!!

Old 09-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gs462
I picked up a tenth and 1.5 mph after the FRPP tune on my 13, Gained 16 hp and 17 ft lbs at the wheels on the dyno also. ZERO PING
Well there you have it. AM and Brenspeed tunes were dynoing in at 30-40 RWHP gains on the 5.0. Heck the old 4.0 V6's post 15-20 RWHP gains with an AM or Brenspeed tune. Yeah, on a V6...
Old 09-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Chevy Convert
2nd Gear Member

That is pretty weak they require a dealer install AND its $100ish bucks for 15 minutes of work.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:06 PM
gs462
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Well there you have it. AM and Brenspeed tunes were dynoing in at 30-40 RWHP gains on the 5.0. Heck the old 4.0 V6's post 15-20 RWHP gains with an AM or Brenspeed tune. Yeah, on a V6...
15 more horsepower at the wheels is not reason enough for me to give up my warranty, Its killing me not to mod this car further. But Im going to try.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Warrio17
2nd Gear Member

I think you may mean Bama, as AM doesn't write tunes they sale Bama tunes...

Agreed, 15 more hp isn't enough to trash the warranty. I'll be adding a supercharger and the rest of the goodies in due time. For now this will suffice.

A lot of this is beyond me, I don't understand why there are battle or what's right/ worth it or not. People have different opinions and desires, that's why there are serval options availible. At the end of the day we are all hp loving people that enjoy our mustangs, who can say what's right and what's wrong or better or worse. To each is their own. It's ingorant to assume everyone wants to void the warranty with a BAMA tune and considers that the best.... Maybe it is for you, but not the best for the next guy. I agree those tune offer high gaines but how can someone say that is the best for everyone and ridicule those who want something different. You'er not paying **** on my car so why even say that something isnt worth it or wrong. Anyone who disagrees send me a check and I change to what YOU want and what YOU think is best for me. PERIOD
Old 09-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Warrio17
2nd Gear Member

Oh and PM me for who to make the checks payable to and the mailing address. Thanks, and I'll post photos of all the upgrades you pay for.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:12 PM
gs462
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Warrio17

Agreed, 15 more hp isn't enough to trash the warranty. I'll be adding a supercharger and the rest of the goodies in due time. For now this will suffice.

A lot of this is beyond me, I don't understand why there are battle or what's right/ worth it or not. People have different opinions and desires, that's why there are serval options availible. At the end of the day we are all hp loving people that enjoy our mustangs, who can say what's right and what's wrong or better or worse. To each is their own. It's ingorant to assume everyone wants to void the warranty with a BAMA tune and considers that the best.... Maybe it is for you, but not the best for the next guy. I agree those tune offer high gaines but how can someone say that is the best for everyone and ridicule those who want something different. You'er not paying **** on my car so why even say that something isnt worth it or wrong. Anyone who disagrees send me a check and I change to what YOU want and what YOU think is best for me. PERIOD
WELL SAID sir, not all of us can throw a warranty on a 35k car in the garbage, Im QUITE happy with my FRPP tune, Warrio, I was one of the biggest cheerleaders when you were asking for opinions, Did I steer you wrong?
Old 09-16-2012, 07:21 AM
Warrio17
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gs462
WELL SAID sir, not all of us can throw a warranty on a 35k car in the garbage, Im QUITE happy with my FRPP tune, Warrio, I was one of the biggest cheerleaders when you were asking for opinions, Did I steer you wrong?
GS462, you did not my friend. Thanks for the truthful and great review.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:30 AM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Warrio17

Amen! I had the FRPP tune/cai on my '06 GT, then I just had to get a dyno tune w/ SCT handheld from a reputable, nationally known shop here in NJ which cost me $650 dollars, then when inspection time came up, I couldn't pass, and called that same shop up, and said they'd be happy to make the tune emissions friendly for the small fee of $230 extra! Well, put the FRPP tune back in, and passed obviously. I still have the FRPP tune in, and for me, is more than enough for the street. I might even go back to stock because this is my 70 mi/day DD and premium gas is north of 4 bucks a gallon. Soon as I read this thread title, I said uh oh, its gonna get ugly in here. Its not "cool" to be stock or have anything from Ford on your car...
Old 09-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimsGT
said they'd be happy to make the tune emissions friendly for the small fee of $230 extra!
Find a new shop. My tuner charged $350 for my first tune and updates are $150, including dyno time, on a complicated supercharged application.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:29 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimsGT
Soon as I read this thread title, I said uh oh, its gonna get ugly in here. Its not "cool" to be stock or have anything from Ford on your car...
lol, that made me laugh

I'm kinda glad Ford Co. is offering something to the enthusiast while retaining
the factory warranty. Will it be conservative in nature???...haha, of course.
That's kinda like asking your dad for a 5th of whiskey with his car keys.
Ford just gave the kids some Vitamin water to keep them happy.
Warranty is imo needed at only one point of a car's life...0 miles!
I would bet money that most warranty issues involve break-in problems that occur in the first 30k miles of operation.
Would I have paid the money and kept the warranty...yep.
35K is alot of money to protect, do it wisely until the grand and glorious
day you and your stang are delivered from the darkness that is the
FACTORY WARRANTY.

Last edited by mayo; 09-16-2012 at 07:56 PM.