Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Roush M90 time !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 04:17 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

What is bap and xkape do you have any pulley
Changed?
Old 09-26-2012, 05:06 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Yes I have the smaller pulley. VMP500 kit from vmptuning.com

As far as what dude said, M90 is and isn't a waste of money. The M90 puts out a hell of a lot more power than a N/A engine, is relatively cheap (in terms of blowers) and does not require much else to be added, thus saving even more money. You can also find them used on Ebay from people who upgraded to the TVS for around 2k as well. All in all, for a person on a budget/stretching to make it... the M90 is one hell of a nice purchase.

On the other hand, if you have plenty of cash and plan on going all out in other areas trying to get into the 600-1000hp range, then the M90 is a waste of money because you are just going to be selling it in a year anyway and buying a TVS (I speak only Roush blowers, there are obviously others).

For most people, the M90 is fine. Once you start creeping to the 500rwhp area which is about all a M90 can handle, then you are going to have to spend 20k to break that barrier and almost no one can afford it. I learned that by asking. New blower, forged engine, new tranny, fuel pumps, cooling, fuel injectors, on and on and on
Old 09-26-2012, 05:07 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Oh, btw mighted..... bap is a Boost a Pump. Kenne Bell makes it. it's an alternative to the GT500 dual fuel pumps for those of us tweeners who need more fuel but don't need as much as the GT500 ones can dish out.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:20 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape
Yes I have the smaller pulley. VMP500 kit from vmptuning.com

As far as what dude said, M90 is and isn't a waste of money. The M90 puts out a hell of a lot more power than a N/A engine, is relatively cheap (in terms of blowers) and does not require much else to be added, thus saving even more money. You can also find them used on Ebay from people who upgraded to the TVS for around 2k as well. All in all, for a person on a budget/stretching to make it... the M90 is one hell of a nice purchase.

On the other hand, if you have plenty of cash and plan on going all out in other areas trying to get into the 600-1000hp range, then the M90 is a waste of money because you are just going to be selling it in a year anyway and buying a TVS (I speak only Roush blowers, there are obviously others).

For most people, the M90 is fine. Once you start creeping to the 500rwhp area which is about all a M90 can handle, then you are going to have to spend 20k to break that barrier and almost no one can afford it. I learned that by asking. New blower, forged engine, new tranny, fuel pumps, cooling, fuel injectors, on and on and on
Truth!.. They aren't a waste of money if you plan on staying around 400+ and stock blocked.. If you have plans for big numbers later then it's a huge waste.. Depends on future goals.. I don't know about 20K though, that's pretty excessive.. Reality is under 15K for me, and that's with potential to go over 600 wheel. Internals and tranny shouldn't run more than 6K and that's with a shop doing the the work. My KB was under 6K, supporting mods were all under 2K. Stock block is good for ~500 wheel though on a safe tune with bigger blowers as they stay keep much cooler temps than high boost small blowers.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:41 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Yeah I was just taking the all out approach.

4900 for the B326 shortblock,
2k or so for the TR-6060
7k for the Dual FEAD TVS

So 14k right there and you haven't bought anything else you need or paid install. But you are right, 600rwhp isn't going to kill the stock tranny so money would be saved there and that blower is a monster.. Many far far cheaper than that.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:54 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape
Yeah I was just taking the all out approach.

4900 for the B326 shortblock,
2k or so for the TR-6060
7k for the Dual FEAD TVS

So 14k right there and you haven't bought anything else you need or paid install. But you are right, 600rwhp isn't going to kill the stock tranny so money would be saved there and that blower is a monster.. Many far far cheaper than that.
haha, yeah the B326 is overkill I think unless you're shooting for 800+.. I just went with internals which a good rotating assembly can be had for mid 2s.. And that TVS is bad a$$ I won't lie.. But the KB is bigger ha
Old 09-26-2012, 08:55 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

what are you running right now Rex? your sig only talk about exaust change:P

thanks xkape, man I cant wait, im checking every hour my tracking number to see update from vmp shipping, they shipped friday last week, ordered the 90mm tensionner pulley n the 2.49 pulely, hopefully I can wake the car a bit more before my last day to the track this week end that what I though for the Bap, but does that really change anything for someone at the range of 400 whp? I have the shelby pump since beginning and at first they werent even connected correctly running me a damn CEL that took me forever to figure out what was it, now that they are working, I didnt really see any difference.. still hard to say.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:15 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mighted1987
what are you running right now Rex? your sig only talk about exaust change:P

thanks xkape, man I cant wait, im checking every hour my tracking number to see update from vmp shipping, they shipped friday last week, ordered the 90mm tensionner pulley n the 2.49 pulely, hopefully I can wake the car a bit more before my last day to the track this week end that what I though for the Bap, but does that really change anything for someone at the range of 400 whp? I have the shelby pump since beginning and at first they werent even connected correctly running me a damn CEL that took me forever to figure out what was it, now that they are working, I didnt really see any difference.. still hard to say.
Ha, I haven't updated my sig in quite some time.. Even that picture is old, that was when I first bought the car. Since I've been deployed I've just left it outdated until I'm finished with everything..

Currently running a KB 2.6, with DSS internals (feel stupid for not just doing the stroker kit >_<), cooling goodies, eibach pro-system kit, GT500 pumps.. Looking to get a blower cam next, DSS carbon fiber driveshaft, thought about ditching the internals and doing a stroker but probably not anymore, looking at ditching the pro-system and getting the pro-street or KW1s.. I'm happy with it power wise right now, just tackling all the other little things. I have a Cervini hood and an Mcleod RXT waiting at home plus a few other little things to slap on.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:19 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

though so

im noob though when it come to engine, not sure what is the difference between stroked n forged. how much boost are you running n whp? over here at the garage their was a 4.6 forged with KB 18 psi, made 560 rwhp, mean to bought it but got told that it was sucking oil madly, like 2-3 pint for 800 kms, forgot the idea, ended buying something 10x worst rofl
Old 09-26-2012, 09:28 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mighted1987
though so

im noob though when it come to engine, not sure what is the difference between stroked n forged. how much boost are you running n whp? over here at the garage their was a 4.6 forged with KB 18 psi, made 560 rwhp, mean to bought it but got told that it was sucking oil madly, like 2-3 pint for 800 kms, forgot the idea, ended buying something 10x worst rofl
Forged is just what the internals are made of.. Forged is a proccess of pressing metals together to form an alloy that is very strong, as compared to cast which is just melted down metal poured into a cast form.. Stroker kits are forged as well, what that is is a longer stroke to increase the displacement. So you could turn your 4.6 into a 5.0 or larger. Puts more stress but not bad. I stay right around 10.5 and make 49x..

That car is kinda low for pushing 18 psi. It should be above 600 wheel easily unless there's something wrong with it. Sounds like it has a major problem. These are big blowers and make power easily. I would say you were better off not getting that car because it sounded way off.. There's plenty of peeps making 480-500 at 10-11 psi with KBs just depends on the tune.

Quick Reply: Roush M90 time !!!!