Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

exterior mods suggestions???

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 08:35 PM
AFlanders
2nd Gear Member

Default exterior mods suggestions???

I bought a 2011 5.0 black mustang a couple months back and I'm looking to put some sick exterior mods. I got some rims and louvers.

What I would really like is to get some type of stripes but I don't see a lot of black mustangs with stripes so its hard for me to tell if they would look good. I was surfing the stripes on american muscle trying to get some ideas. I was thinking about doing 2 full silver stripes front to back.

Anyone have pictures of their black mustang with exterior mods? I'd love to see them!

Thanks!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:09 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Here is what I would do (evn though I didnt do it..lol, I like no stripes, what can I say)... I would get smoked headlights, tail lights, 3rd brake light, got lights, rear anf front quarter panel lights. The heads and fogs I would go with the smoked halos (so far its my car).. then, for stripes, I would get.. are you ready?..... matte black stripes. That would look absolutely awesome on a black car IMO
Old 10-01-2012, 09:10 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

had my hands on the wrong keys... got lights = fog lights.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:22 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AFlanders
I bought a 2011 5.0 black mustang a couple months back and I'm looking to put some sick exterior mods. I got some rims and louvers.

What I would really like is to get some type of stripes but I don't see a lot of black mustangs with stripes so its hard for me to tell if they would look good. I was surfing the stripes on american muscle trying to get some ideas. I was thinking about doing 2 full silver stripes front to back.

Anyone have pictures of their black mustang with exterior mods? I'd love to see them!

Thanks!
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2010...e-section-132/

Duh
Old 10-01-2012, 09:25 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

^^ DAMMIT.. stole exactly what I was going to say.. I would do matte black stripes or dark grey (almost gunmetal). I am planning on doing an old mach style stripe patter on my hood with matte black (I have a classic mach style hood)..

Same with the other stuff, I blacked out my headlight and fogs, huge difference for the better. Matte black the emblems, I didn't touch the tails though, I'm just waiting for a 13 style light to come out. Also have black chrome 20s..
Old 10-02-2012, 08:18 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AFlanders

Thanks!
Originally Posted by xkape
Here is what I would do (evn though I didnt do it..lol, I like no stripes, what can I say)... I would get smoked headlights, tail lights, 3rd brake light, got lights, rear anf front quarter panel lights. The heads and fogs I would go with the smoked halos (so far its my car).. then, for stripes, I would get.. are you ready?..... matte black stripes. That would look absolutely awesome on a black car IMO
Aflanders,

I agree with everything Kape said and would definitely go with the blacked out scheme. That will give your car a really aggressive look and stance!

On the 11+ Mustangs since they're platform is so large, I also love a nice set of 12in stripes! As far as color goes that's completely up to you. This is going to be a very opinionated question. My top 3 choices on a black car would be, Silver/Dark Gray, Matte Black or Grabber blue.

I hope this helps, either way I'm confident your car will look sick! Post up some pictures of your ride so we can see how she looks so far.

Best of luck on your decision. Let me know if you have any questions!

-Dan
Old 10-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Drews10
1st Gear Member

I agree black everything out and go with a matte black stripe
Old 10-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Dandylaird
1st Gear Member

Oh if only I got a black mustang. I agree with everyone else on all blacked out BUT I would do neon green stripes front to back GT500 style.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:12 AM
AJSpags
2nd Gear Member

I don't know if this will help or not on your decision to possibly go with a matte black stripe, but at least you will get an idea of the difference against eachother. I got a sheet of 3m vinyl and went to town on the roof....

Old 10-03-2012, 10:43 AM
sanctionedstang

I'm gonna second everyone with going for matte black or dark gray stripes with light tints. American muscle usually sends graphic applicators (4"x6" straightedge plastic tabs) to apply them with. Depending on your weather conditions don't apply them on a cold night if you have hot weather during the day. My friend has a nasty habit of doing that and in the hot weather everything expands, leaves bubbles, and sometimes starts to come off (like his smoked plastic blackout panel)

Quick Reply: exterior mods suggestions???