Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Searching for another mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 06:06 AM
ambushunter

Default Searching for another mustang

Well recently purchased a 06 GT. I bought it from a car lot in IN. Well when I went to title it here in MI they have to call police out for out of state vehicles. Well long story short, title didn't match VIN. So was impounded, as it was reported stolen. Well I contact the car lot who was also shocked as they bought it at a auction. They assured me they would make it right. They have offered me a 07 GT thats a auto with a little less milage for the same price or they will refund my money. I really want a manual, but of coarse my GF who cant drive a manual wants me to get the auto. To me thats another reason to get the manual so she can't drive it. I think I'm just going to get my money back and keep my look out for another. Don't like the power loss of a auto vs manual.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:12 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

U would be surprised watching an auto kick some butt at the track. If both had a tune manual and auto it's a very close race. I'm my experiences with racing a manual. I have won a lot more times than I have lost.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

I really don't recommend getting an auto because your GF wants one. Never a great idea. If you want a manual, get one. Almost everyone I know who gets an automatic when they wanted a manual has regretted it.

Welcome to MF, sorry to hear about your last mustang!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:13 AM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Eh, nothing wrong with an auto. I bought a 2010 with auto in January, and my wife has yet to drive it. She moved it in the driveway one morning to get her car out, and she was terrified. (This might be because I am **** retentive/obsessive compulsive about my car.) My cousin who drag races professionally said that if he raced his same setup, same driver, between an automatic tranny and a manual, the auto would win EVERY time. FWIW.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:29 PM
ambushunter

My plan was to first cam it, CAI, tune, LT headers, exst, the blow it down the road. But now think I will just Blow it from the begin, maybe cam it? Not sure. Will have to see what the auto's can handle power wise.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:56 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Are the police going to do any follow up on the stolen car issue? I'll bet my sweet *** that there is more to it than that. You can't just steal a new mustang, so someone probably had their car reposessed and then reported it stolen. Something smells rotten.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:46 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

If you want a manual get one. Nothing wrong with an auto in my book, but if you get the auto, that'll hurt everyday you drive it and wish you were rowing through the gears.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:51 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Doyon
I really don't recommend getting an auto because your GF wants one. Never a great idea. If you want a manual, get one. Almost everyone I know who gets an automatic when they wanted a manual has regretted it.

Welcome to MF, sorry to hear about your last mustang!
One of the truest statement ive heard. Ive been there done that by the way. Own 2 manual mustangs now and wouldnt trade them for the world
Old 10-23-2012, 08:23 PM
BAB GT
2nd Gear Member

Get what you want, not what they offer. I have had both, now have an auto, and wish it was a manual every day. Maybe your next girlfriend will be able to drive a manual!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:07 PM
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

get what YOU want not what she wants!

Quick Reply: Searching for another mustang