Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The modding has begun on my 2013 GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 03:58 PM
BigMech

Default The modding has begun on my 2013 GT

I put in a K&N filter, and I have ordered the Borla S-Type axleback exhaust, and the black hood vents.

I eyeing the some graphics for the outside. Black graphics would look awesome on the grabber blue. The Boss 302 manifold and exhaust look good as well.

I have a 2007 Dodge Charger R/T that I modded quite a bit, and the aftermarket for the Mustangs is even bigger.

This ought to be fun!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:59 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Sounds like a good first round of mods, I agree with the black vinyl as well. So are you considering the full Boss exhaust minus the mufflers? I'd say your first step would be to grab cold air and a tuner along with the exhaust then work your way to the vinyl. Though if you're considering the Boss manifold, I'd hold off on the tune until then. I've read that those manifolds lead to a reduction in low end torque and add a few ponies WAY up top. Dunno if that's worth it for you or not...
Old 10-26-2012, 02:54 AM
TommyV

Well, the K&N has been proven to actually loose HP. I have one laying around in my garage. The stock CAI does very well and you should only change to an aftermarket CAI when you tune. Even then, you'll only gain 5-7 HP with the CAI.

I painted my vents about a month ago.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:40 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TommyV
Well, the K&N has been proven to actually loose HP. I have one laying around in my garage. The stock CAI does very well and you should only change to an aftermarket CAI when you tune. Even then, you'll only gain 5-7 HP with the CAI.

Damn your ride looks sick as $%$#!!!! Thumbs up!!!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:11 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

You'll get a much higher gain with a tune and CAI than 5-7. 5-7 was true for an SN-95 2V. LOL
Old 10-26-2012, 09:47 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 04mineralgreyGT
You'll get a much higher gain with a tune and CAI than 5-7. 5-7 was true for an SN-95 2V. LOL
He's saying that of the gains to be had with a CAI/Tune, that the CAI accounts for ~5-7hp of the overall figure.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:36 PM
GT50GO
2nd Gear Member

I would recommend you get a JLT passenger side oil separator. Do it while the miles are low and you won't regret it. Do a search on this board and you will see how much oil is collected on the passenger side in just 1K miles I also have one on the drivers side but in over 2K miles not a drop in it so I don't think it's so necessary.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:09 PM
yellowneck86
2nd Gear Member

you're gonna like those stingers, i switched from flowmaster A/Ts to Borlas and have never regretted it since.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:46 AM
TommyV

Originally Posted by a_lopez1975
Damn your ride looks sick as $%$#!!!! Thumbs up!!!
Thanks.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:04 AM
BigMech

I just put a K&N filter, not a cold air intake. With the hood vents, I'm staying away from the CAI's right now.

I love the look of your car with the black vents and stripes, that's kind of the look I'm thinking about.

Quick Reply: The modding has begun on my 2013 GT