Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Other drivers don't appreciate my 2013 GT HID's

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 10:36 AM
GTR21
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
Florida law states not more than 4 lights on at one time. Who's to say what's foggy and what isn't. I've had cops flash their brights at me and I flash them right back!
Officers discretion I believe, could be wrong though. If it's clearly a nice night out, they might get you. But if there's even a hint of any fog/rain, etc, they'll probably pass you by. This is one of those "I'm bored" or "This guys pissing me off" kind of tickets I'm pretty sure.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:02 AM
beerman616
1st Gear Member

I also love the look of the car at night with the fogs on. Still, I usually only run them on the highway, not too often in town. I get brights flashed at me at least once every time I'm on a long trip at night, which is hardly ever with my car, so it's not a big deal for me.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:51 PM
hootie_john
2nd Gear Member

I get it at least once a night on my way home from work. I love it. I always run with the fogs on at night. Oh, you think that's bright? BAM! Have some high beams, tool.

EDIT: And I think it is because they see four lights instead of two.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:14 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
I get flashed at least once a day for my fog lights! It's a little game I play with the idiots on the road. I keep my finger on the brights so I can hit it right when they flash me.
I do the same thing! I love informing people of their stupidity via instant bright lights. Instead of looking at the road, they see a car with 4 lights on (OMG!) and look directly into them, thinking "that ******* is bright lighting me!"

No, you mindless imbeciles. The fog lights aren't even as bright as the headlights. I have stock bulbs in all 4, properly aimed. I pass GT's at night all the time and have absolutely no issues with the lights.. they are as non-intrusive as any other car on the road. I often wonder if mustang owners had this problem in the 1960's also...
Old 11-08-2012, 05:00 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

And I thought I was the only one who has this problem.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:31 PM
plug72
1st Gear Member

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Cause dude that let me pass him then threw on his "not very bright" brights was nearly in full road rage. LOL! I pulled over and rolled my window down to tell him they're my fog lights and to ask him if he felt like a dumbass because a girl had to tell him that....but he didn't wanna talk. It put him back in front of me and I showed him my brights and left em' on like he did to me.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:01 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

The front view of my '11 California Special.....I added a 3.5" diameter, clear lens set of 55 watt driving lights behind the grill. They are on day and night. The factory fogs in the lower are not near blinding and still work with the high/low beam switch. Car has 6 white lights to the front on low beam, 4 on high. Two years and 16,000 miles in Florida and never bothered.....and never flashed from others.

Name:  unload-4.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  98.1 KB
Old 11-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Buttplug72
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Cause dude that let me pass him then threw on his "not very bright" brights was nearly in full road rage. LOL! I pulled over and rolled my window down to tell him they're my fog lights and to ask him if he felt like a dumbass because a girl had to tell him that....but he didn't wanna talk. It put him back in front of me and I showed him my brights and left em' on like he did to me.
i predict you to die either as a result of road rage induced gunfire.. or a butplug gone wrong...
Old 11-08-2012, 07:44 PM
plug72
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AzPete
The front view of my '11 California Special.....I added a 3.5" diameter, clear lens set of 55 watt driving lights behind the grill. They are on day and night. The factory fogs in the lower are not near blinding and still work with the high/low beam switch. Car has 6 white lights to the front on low beam, 4 on high. Two years and 16,000 miles in Florida and never bothered.....and never flashed from others.

Nice ride. Like the splitter! I want the 2013 Laguna seca splitter.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:51 PM
plug72
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andy13186
i predict you to die either as a result of road rage induced gunfire.. or a butplug gone wrong...
Haha. I would hope it's gunfire cause...Like most people....I'd rather not die with something shoved up my ***.

Quick Reply: Other drivers don't appreciate my 2013 GT HID's