Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Other drivers don't appreciate my 2013 GT HID's

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 02:23 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Buttplug72
Any 2013 GT other owners constantly have other drivers flash their brights at you because your headlights are so bright?

I think it's my fog lights...I loooove how my car looks with the fog lights on. They are pretty bright but I think most of the time I get flashed because they see 4 lights. Haha. Let em' get all crazy flashing, then BAM! I flash mine and say how you like those bright lights?! Had a guy yesterday in the neighborhood pull over, let me pass. He got behind, turned on his brights and left him on which I thought was hilarious because his brights were not even close to what mine were when not on bright...wait...does that make sense?
Guess I shouldn't use my fog lights since my car lookin' sic is not as important as someone not being able to see while driving.
When I was checking out the 13's I was blinded by the fogs. They are really bright compared to the fogs on my 10'.

I've never been flashed when driving with my fogs on. I tell ya though, at night I can see the road so much better with them on.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:26 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Quickshift_02GT
If you guys have that much trouble seeing at night, maybe see a doc about your night vision??
Gimme a break. I'm getting old and I have cataracts coming in. Driving at night's a bitch.

Anyway, what's the doc gonna do? Pop in some new bionic eyes?
Old 11-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Drews10
1st Gear Member

Happens to me all the time but IDC.

I am pretty sure it is illegal in most states to drive with your fog lights on. I dont get that, why do we have fog lights on cars if we cant use them
Old 11-13-2012, 06:44 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Quickshift_02GT
Seriously, if you KNOW it's causing problems for other drivers...why continue to use them if they aren't needed? Intentionally doing something that clearly bothers other drivers simply because you want your car to look cool running down the road isn't cool, it's just simple douchebaggery.
Because it's NOT causing problems for other drivers. The fog lights are not as bright as the headlights. They are also aimed lower. This is evident anytime you pull an S197 GT up behind any car with a reflection.. or a wall/garage door. There is absolutely NO reason anyone should be bothered by having 2 extra lights on that are dimmer and lower than the regular headlights of every other car they pass.

It only causes problems to other drivers when they stare directly into them, trying to figure out if the brights are on... so they can flash back and get their jollies off. When staring into lights, they may appear bright. shocker!

Buttplug, run your fogs if you want to run your fogs! They are LED's for goodness sakes. Don't cave in to other peoples' stupidity!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:36 PM
nolimits

I've always gotten flashed in HID equipped cars (factory equipped, beam set right). I never run fogs. I guess I'm one of those few people that thinks fog lights look goofy. Especially when they're giant and in the grille.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:00 PM
yellowneck86
2nd Gear Member

I've had the same issue with my factory stock HIDs. One of my ricetard friends thought they were aftermarket and kept asking if the company that made mine would have a set for his Honda. To this day he still thinks their not from the Ford Factory.

I've also had the occasional "high beam flash" from other drivers on the opposite side of the roadway.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:53 PM
HsvGT
1st Gear Member

I always run all 4 at night. I usually get brights flashed at me about once a week. I drive down some roads with no street lights when I get closer to home, so I like being able to see better. I have had oncoming Mustangs drive with all 4, and they don't blind me. I think 07BlackGT is right, as soon as they see 4 lights then it has to be the bright lights, regardless if it impairs their vision or not.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:29 PM
ovrpar6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by code3GT
Watch the name calling, Nuke. No need for it. Thank you and drive to the next window, please.
Nuke, watch your comments. For someone with 14,000+ posts you'd think you'd know better. Your fowl language is an insult to the rest of us!

Don't go away MAD! Just go away!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:33 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

For some reason i have no light at all in the day, turning my light would pop my hid headlight, pulling the light would pop my
Fogs but the problem is I got the eleanor bumper with mounted fog plus the regular fog, i cant turn off only 2, they are all tied together, ill see if i can get a switch installed to control my big fogs, but for sure i see 100% time better with the 4x fog on and it look great, never been flashed yet, i got smooth 4000k white headlights HID and white led bulb for fog, here in canada it not really legal to ride with night at all in daytime, ive seen alot of cervini body kit mustang rolling with only the mounted big fog on in daytime, actually look clean, but ill keep my setup this way until I get warned. Anyway I suck in Car electricity
Oh i forgot, i also have my orange side markers open when my light are on, imo they mix terribly with my white light themes

Last edited by mighted1987; 12-30-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:15 PM
GeigerZ

Used to get flashed all the time. Got tired of it, but still wanted to run the aux lights. So, a quick install of some extra smoked vinyl film (used to tint the home windows <this is Texas!>) solved the problem with the unhappy motorists, but still gave enough extra light to fill in the gap between the headlights on the road. Win/win

Flash free going on eight months.