Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

So I just snagged a 2013 GT Premium 6 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 03:06 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I guess I'm just a sucker for that charcoal grey. The front end of the 13's is starting to grow on me, but I still prefer the 2011-12. I couldn't live with a 3.15 gear, but it's no reason to trade the car. Track apps doesn't interest me either.

I wish you were in Florida, i'd be looking for that 2011.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
I guess I'm just a sucker for that charcoal grey. The front end of the 13's is starting to grow on me, but I still prefer the 2011-12. I couldn't live with a 3.15 gear, but it's no reason to trade the car. Track apps doesn't interest me either.

I wish you were in Florida, i'd be looking for that 2011.
I loved the car. I just wanted to start over.

All of my Mustangs were Frankenstein creations. Parted together with different After_market mods, simply because I wasn't sold on any one single kit from a specific supplier (such as pypes)

My cat back system on my 2011 was a franken creation, FM AT Axle backs, Pypes X-Pipe, custom made mid pipes to delete resonators.

No one sells the mid-pipes only, they are either H-Pipe back systems (H exit to muffler exit, or they make their own franken creation.

Pypes uses a 2010 H-pipe back system. Their rep explained it was easier than creating all new pipes in the 2011-13 style. I liked their X-pipe sound, but I prefer the FM AT series, so I just needed the Xipipe to the axle back section... nope, they don't carry it. They set it up that you have to take their mufflers with it, and if you remove their mufflers from the kit, the pipes won't work with any other axle back.

FMC just has the stock system, with resonators. Considering the funked up measurements we just did a little surgery.

X-pipe exit is 3.25", took 3" tube, widened it to 3 1/8" welded to X-pipe exit. Cut out resonators attach 3" tube via weld to the over the axle piece, attach FM AT axle backs.

Flowmaster H-pipe back systems I have found either use the outlaws or 60 series mufflers, which screws me.

I never understood why people call it cat-back, if you leave the factory H-pipe on. Now mine was a true cat back because of the X-Pipe install, but anywhoo... I also get bored with cars quickly.

Just since July 2009, this is what I have owned.

2010 Mustang V6 Premium.

2011 Camaro Bought August 2010 (traded 2010 V6) last time I bought on credit.

2012 Mustang GT bought September 2011 (black)Modded with Cat back and HIDs) Cash

2012 Mustang V6 premium bought February 2012 (white) Cash

2012 Challenger SXT (bought 1 week after 2012 V6, Sold) cash

2012 Mustang V6 traded for 2011 GT SGM Cash deal, money back to me

2012 Black GT (sold to private buyer) Cash Deal

2011 GT trade for 2013 GT Cash Deal.

Also like I have said, you can't take it with you, so about every 4 months to 12 months I get bored with the car and need to get rid of it. The only reason I never continued modding the 2012 Black GT is because I never drove it. the 2012 V6 was supposed to be my daily driver but the 6 speed manual matched to the stock 2.76 rear was for ****e. Sure I could have modded the RAR to 3.31s, but I came across that 2011 SGM GT and the price i couldn't pass up.

The only mods I did on the V6 were axle backs and a Boss 302 hood and side stripe, plus 13% Window Tint.

The 2012 Black GT had 13% as well. I didn't tint the 2011 GT because I moved from Maryland to PA, and PA cops get **** about Window Tint... worse than MD cops.

Living within 20 miles of AM warehouse is a plus as I can pick up parts same day and get them installed within a few hours.

One of the benefits I also have, and not to knock anyone else... I am not married and have no kids (well, none that I know of) My cost of living is minimal (Rent includes all utilities $985/mo, Car Insurance for 2 cars was $128 month, I don't use CC's unless it is a major emergency or I have to book flights, rent cars etc, Cable and Internet is $100/mo, my company pays for my cell phone, food cost dropped from $400/mo to about $250 a month because I decided to only nibble on fruit and nut bars and coffee for breakfast, 8oz bag of pretzels and Mt Dew for lunch, dinner is either Honey Nut Cheerios or Bruschetta from the Italian take out place down the road.)

I keep it simple... and again I want to retire at 50. I watched both my parents work into their late 60's early 70's and had nothing to show for it but a crappy pension, SS checks, and they never were able to travel like they wanted too, so when mom passed, and I got my settlement, I stuffed most of it away into Bonds, kept 1/3 for cars and toys, and when I turn 50 that will be my last day at work and by the next day (July 17th 2021) I will be in my car and my plan is to drive through all 50 states, visit the capitols, search out some history, I figure that will take about 2-3 years to get in everything on that side. Then I want to explore all of Canada and Mexico, when that is done... off to Europe.

So in my last eight years it is work, make at least 2 more films, stash it all away, then get the hell outta dodge. If when i am done I am bored... I will take up a new hobby.

My moms side of the family was big into dirt track modify racing, and those who did race have their kids in the trade now, so maybe I will jump on the band wagon... or, start another business.

I always wanted to own a movie theater that could both cater to the Hollywood stuff, but give the indie guys a shot as well. The indie film community get screwed. We jump through massive hoops just get a one night screening at a real theater and we end up paying $1200-$3000 to rent the theater, and only get to screen on a Monday-Thursday night, and it has to be a late show. Getting 200 people to come out at 10pm on a work night is a PITA. So the plan is to buy an older theater in a major market, renovate it, and set aside one medium sized auditorium for indie films and give them a 1 or 2 week run, right along side the big boys.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Decided to Swap the car out for the Sterling Grey Metallic non-premium. While have track apps is fun... The ingot Silver just isn't sitting well with me. While my 2011 GT premium was SGM, and the change would be model year and loss of leather and the LED system. I just can't get past the silver... it just doesn't work on the 2013.

The 2013 SGM may be a deluxe model, but it has the 3.73 rear axle ratio and 6 speed manual, plus shaker and sync.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:16 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Gary Ugarek
Decided to Swap the car out for the Sterling Grey Metallic non-premium. While have track apps is fun... The ingot Silver just isn't sitting well with me. While my 2011 GT premium was SGM, and the change would be model year and loss of leather and the LED system. I just can't get past the silver... it just doesn't work on the 2013.

The 2013 SGM may be a deluxe model, but it has the 3.73 rear axle ratio and 6 speed manual, plus shaker and sync.
Hi there!

I can tell that you're crazy for the Mustangs, especially since so many of them have caught your eye! Congrats on the newest addition to your garage; if you ever need my assistance, I'm just a PM away.

Also, I really enjoyed your walk-through videos!

Have a great day,
Crystal
Old 11-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hi there!

I can tell that you're crazy for the Mustangs, especially since so many of them have caught your eye! Congrats on the newest addition to your garage; if you ever need my assistance, I'm just a PM away.

Also, I really enjoyed your walk-through videos!

Have a great day,
Crystal
Thanks Crystal. Yes I love Mustangs... if you actually look into Ford's Customer History Dbase you will see my first car was a brand new 88 Notchback LX 5.0 purchased in 1988, March, I think it was the 10th of the month too. So my relationship is spanning 25 years this spring.

Glad you like the videos... I had one for the 11, my 12 V6 and the 13, now I have re-do that one since I am swapping the Silver 13 for another SGM.

But my Mustang buying days end when a 50th Anniversary is in my hands. until then I will buy them drive'em and enjoy the hell out of them until 2015

Gary
Old 11-26-2012, 12:05 PM
AFMarksman

Gary,

Nice ride! Sounds like you have your priorities in the right place. Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:58 PM
LossPrev

I agree the silver is not really working on the '13 but I think with some black accents and tinted windows it would good. Black rims with some stripes and the black hood vents and it would look 100x better.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

It has its ups and downs. I literally spent close to $100,000 on cars in the last 13 months.
Sounds rough. My heart goes out to ya.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

I actually took it back to the dealer and swapped it for another Sterling Grey Metallic.

Was going to go with the Red, but the other Premium they had sold this morning, so I took the SGM Deluxe

It had the tech package, Sync, and 3.73 rears.

So now I lost my leather seats, the LED track apps, and the shaker 500, but I at least got a check back $2,000.00. I was even nice enough to fill the tank back up for them since I ran it bone dry.

Much happier with the SGM paint, it looks good on the 2013. Even the sales manager and GM came out while I was moving stuff around, including my Coil Covers and Plenum (Forgot to switch back the factories) They oogle about the Orange CoC and Plenum but agreed the Silver doesn't work on the 2013.

GM "He's right, it just washes out."

SM "It does, maybe we can dress it up"

ME "Thanks for doing the swap, and yes, do something with it"

So the Silver Prem had 44 miles on it when I picked it up, the SGM had 30. Now sitting at 99.1

Dick Milham Ford guys in Easton, PA did rock, and never gave me a lick of crap about the swap out. They were happy to do it. So I definitely recommend that dealer. As long as I stay in PA will be buying my cars there.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:40 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Smile

I actually took it back to the dealer and swapped it for another Sterling Grey Metallic.
Glad you went back to the proper color

Quick Reply: So I just snagged a 2013 GT Premium 6 Speed