Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Unfortunate Situation

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Chevy Convert
2nd Gear Member

Angry

Originally Posted by Juban
I don't post here very often, but I do regularly come to the forums since I've joined after purchasing my White 2006 GT with blue lemans stripes. It has been my baby since then and I've put time and money (sometimes both of which I didn't have to spare at the time lol) into making my car personal to me.

Well, last night I had some electrical probs due to my SJB and decided to park it where I was and return in the morning to get it to the shop. When getting there today my car was gone, thinking I parked in some obscure tow zone I went to impound and my mustang wasn't there. I called to report it stolen, only to find that somebody rear ended it pretty hard while it was parked (it was a street side parking spot and I couldn't help but leave it there at the time), and it was towed away. I'm going to the shop tomorrow, and will post some pics up when I can. I found one of my sideskirts in somebody's trash can, glass all over, parts of my tail lights, and various other things on the ground. Turns out my entire rear glass is shattered and it rained last night, so I have no clue what condition my interior is in. It sounds like it is going to be totaled, but if the frame isn't screwed up I'm hoping to buy my car back from the insurance company and make it better than ever. What a messed up day. I just figured I'd share with the community.

Oh, and my 3.73 gears and udp with bearing kit are on their way to my house from American Muscle right now...ironic. Going to go back to cramming for finals since I'm a full time law student.
If they total it, cut your losses and move on. No one wants a salvage title.

Take the cash and get something else. (5.0 or another 4.6) Press hard to let you take your mods off too..sell or reuse them
Old 11-27-2012, 06:55 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Sorry to hear that. I hope it all works out for you.

And not to be rude but how does a full time student afford a GT with "Staggard 18 inch black GT 4 wheels, CDC classsic front chin, GT500 spoiler, shortty antenna, Agent 47 retro mirrors, sequential tail lights, Roush louvers, Hurst short shifter, Mac longtube headers, Mac O/R X pipe, Flowmaster 40 series mufflers, Steeda charge motion delete plates, JLT air intake, Brenspeed tune" as well as having the money to buy it back from the insurance company and then to make it "better than ever"?
Being a student pays very well in the form of student loans. My brother bought all kinds of stuff as a student, but none of it was for school!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:59 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigstick
Why would that even be any of your business?
The same way him being a full time student is any of our business, he made it our business when he posted it.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:48 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

From looking at your sig you had put together a really nice stang. Good news is you were not in the car when it was smashed so at least you aren't in a hospital getting fixed yourself. Second good news is you have insurance, so you are not looking at a total loss. I have read where sometimes people let it lapse and something like this happens.............total loss. If its smashed beyond fixing, time for a fiveOh. Good luck and I am sure it will work out as you already have the right attitude.
Congrats on choosing a degree that you can actually use to make some good money in the future. For what school costs these days, every kid should be thinking that way.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Juban
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
The same way him being a full time student is any of our business, he made it our business when he posted it.
The reason I stated it was to just give an example of how bad the timing for this to happen is.

Anyway, I finally got to the shop and took some pictures. It's looking like a total loss.

Before:

After:

Old 11-29-2012, 01:04 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

dang

not to sound harsh man, but that ***** totaled

they find out who hit it? with damage like that, i dont see if being a hit n run, unless the dirtbag that hit it had someone pick him up or he was driving a cement truck
Old 11-29-2012, 01:32 AM
Juban
1st Gear Member

yeah man there is no bringing it back from that. The person who hit it didn't get away b/c she had to be towed away as well.

she hit me streetside and somehow flipped her suv over and landed (flipped on its side) on the curbside inbetween my car and a house.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:25 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

dang, thats insane, what was her excuse? drunk? texting? or just head up her butt?

it is sad to see a clean stang like that die, but I'd buy it back from the ins co and strip the parts off it then either part out the rest then invest in a newer one, now you can have an even nicer car. idk if you have new car replacement, but if you do, dont just settle on what they find for you, nit pick until you find the perfect stang to replace it

now...
if you do part it out, how much were you looking to get for the IUP dash parts :-)

Last edited by Shelty; 11-29-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:05 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Wow man thats just sucks. You had built up a really nice ride. If its totaled as I imagine it will be, looks to be a great car to part out. If you have the time and means to do it of course. Entire front end is clean.......amazing.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I asked and the OP explained.

Bigstick, KMA.

Quick Reply: Unfortunate Situation