Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Unfortunate Situation

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Juban
1st Gear Member

Default Unfortunate Situation

I don't post here very often, but I do regularly come to the forums since I've joined after purchasing my White 2006 GT with blue lemans stripes. It has been my baby since then and I've put time and money (sometimes both of which I didn't have to spare at the time lol) into making my car personal to me.

Well, last night I had some electrical probs due to my SJB and decided to park it where I was and return in the morning to get it to the shop. When getting there today my car was gone, thinking I parked in some obscure tow zone I went to impound and my mustang wasn't there. I called to report it stolen, only to find that somebody rear ended it pretty hard while it was parked (it was a street side parking spot and I couldn't help but leave it there at the time), and it was towed away. I'm going to the shop tomorrow, and will post some pics up when I can. I found one of my sideskirts in somebody's trash can, glass all over, parts of my tail lights, and various other things on the ground. Turns out my entire rear glass is shattered and it rained last night, so I have no clue what condition my interior is in. It sounds like it is going to be totaled, but if the frame isn't screwed up I'm hoping to buy my car back from the insurance company and make it better than ever. What a messed up day. I just figured I'd share with the community.

Oh, and my 3.73 gears and udp with bearing kit are on their way to my house from American Muscle right now...ironic. Going to go back to cramming for finals since I'm a full time law student.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Sorry to hear that. I hope it all works out for you.

And not to be rude but how does a full time student afford a GT with "Staggard 18 inch black GT 4 wheels, CDC classsic front chin, GT500 spoiler, shortty antenna, Agent 47 retro mirrors, sequential tail lights, Roush louvers, Hurst short shifter, Mac longtube headers, Mac O/R X pipe, Flowmaster 40 series mufflers, Steeda charge motion delete plates, JLT air intake, Brenspeed tune" as well as having the money to buy it back from the insurance company and then to make it "better than ever"?
Old 11-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

That totally sucks dude. Sorry it happened.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Juban
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Sorry to hear that. I hope it all works out for you.

And not to be rude but how does a full time student afford a GT with "Staggard 18 inch black GT 4 wheels, CDC classsic front chin, GT500 spoiler, shortty antenna, Agent 47 retro mirrors, sequential tail lights, Roush louvers, Hurst short shifter, Mac longtube headers, Mac O/R X pipe, Flowmaster 40 series mufflers, Steeda charge motion delete plates, JLT air intake, Brenspeed tune" as well as having the money to buy it back from the insurance company and then to make it "better than ever"?
I wasn't always a full time student. I had a pretty nice position right out of undergrad and worked for a while (which is when I purchased the car). I decided to go back to school to better myself, my career options, and etc. It was sort of a pursuit for knowledge experience/decision. The buying it back part and "better than ever" part is directly connected to the insurance claim for my car getting busted up, and me knowing some guys who build cars. That part (at the moment) is me trying to look on the bright side of this crap happening, I guess.

Either way, thanks for the sentiments guys. I can't not have a mustang after getting my GT haha.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:09 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

Wow that really sucks, I hope it works out for you. Sounds like you are working towards a good future with your education and hope it works out for the best, both with the education and the Mustang. Have you posted any pictures? Sounds like a beast!

Just once I wish someone would post a "some guy hit me, but he was really nice and we got all our information exchanged and the insurance company took care of me and the reconstruction went perfectly!" thread, but that's probably just a dream filled with sunshine and happiness...
Old 11-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Juban
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CMcNam
Wow that really sucks, I hope it works out for you. Sounds like you are working towards a good future with your education and hope it works out for the best, both with the education and the Mustang. Have you posted any pictures? Sounds like a beast!

Just once I wish someone would post a "some guy hit me, but he was really nice and we got all our information exchanged and the insurance company took care of me and the reconstruction went perfectly!" thread, but that's probably just a dream filled with sunshine and happiness...
Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I don't think I've posted any pics for a while, but tomorrow I'll post some of the more recent pictures that I had and toss up some of the crash pictures. I'm hoping everything goes smooth with the police report (when it comes in) and insurance situation because I was parked legally, and whomever struck me rear ended me. A lot of car wrecks occur around that area because it is a direct shot from the bars downtown; I would have preferred to have to had pulled over anywhere but there lol.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:40 PM
paulo
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your car. Good luck with everything including school.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:56 AM
bigstick
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Why would that even be any of your business?
Old 11-27-2012, 10:48 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Wow that is really is unfortunate! I hope your frame is still straight so you can buy the car back from the insurance company. Post up some pics of the damage when you finally see your Mustang. I'd like to see how banged up it is. Hopefully the interior is still somewhat straight, after the rain.

I wish you the best of luck!

Shane
Old 11-27-2012, 06:20 PM
HKSkook
1st Gear Member

That sucks man I would be devistated.

Quick Reply: Unfortunate Situation