Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Building the Perfect 2013 GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 06:14 PM
JCarmano

Default Building the Perfect 2013 GT

Hi all,

Little introduction on myself. I am currently a 2010 V6 Camaro owner. (I know your blood pressure just rose). I have nothing bad to say about the Maro, aside from how crappy the gearbox is on it, and that its not a V8. Anywho, I just graduated college and started working my full time gig, which opened up some doors, new car wise. I fell in love with the 2013 GT. Mustangs first caught my attention when the 5.0 came out, but the looks and things offered with the 2013 have propelled me to the point where I HAVE TO HAVE ONE. I test drove a 2011 5.0 a few days ago, which further confirmed my need to have one.

I have a question with regards to the track package. I'm absolutely positive about getting Brembos on her one way or another, so with that said, is the track package worth it? Anyone who has the track package, does the gearbox feel different in a good/bad way compared to models without it? My Camaro gives soooo much resistance going into gears, and I really am looking forward to smoother shifts with a Stang. (May or may not use the car on the track)

Also, those of you who chose the base model 2013, do you wish you had the premium? Factoring in leather, track apps, shaker and such?

I absolutely cannot wait to own one of these bad boys, and I will probably have more questions to come. Thank you in advance for the feedback!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:31 AM
dsslayer1210
1st Gear Member

I don't think the GT's will have different shifter setups. Last I checked all the GTs were MT82s and shelbys got the better one.

You can always switch to an MGW short throw shifter later.

I currently drive a 2011 premium and the leather and interior is a real nice touch to the car over stock, though I don't have a nav console.

Also if you're using it for frequent driving in the city, I'd highly recommend a rear camera.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:48 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JCarmano
Hi all,

Little introduction on myself. I am currently a 2010 V6 Camaro owner. (I know your blood pressure just rose). I have nothing bad to say about the Maro, aside from how crappy the gearbox is on it, and that its not a V8. Anywho, I just graduated college and started working my full time gig, which opened up some doors, new car wise. I fell in love with the 2013 GT. Mustangs first caught my attention when the 5.0 came out, but the looks and things offered with the 2013 have propelled me to the point where I HAVE TO HAVE ONE. I test drove a 2011 5.0 a few days ago, which further confirmed my need to have one.

I have a question with regards to the track package. I'm absolutely positive about getting Brembos on her one way or another, so with that said, is the track package worth it? Anyone who has the track package, does the gearbox feel different in a good/bad way compared to models without it? My Camaro gives soooo much resistance going into gears, and I really am looking forward to smoother shifts with a Stang. (May or may not use the car on the track)

Also, those of you who chose the base model 2013, do you wish you had the premium? Factoring in leather, track apps, shaker and such?

I absolutely cannot wait to own one of these bad boys, and I will probably have more questions to come. Thank you in advance for the feedback!

You can't really go wrong either way on the track package. The factory upgrades are nice, but aftermarket upgrades are actually a little better. I have the UPR S197 Handling Package on my car and the grip is amazing. Much better than the factory setup.