Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

help with mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

Default help with mods

before i say anything else, does anyone know of any good shops in maryland that could install my parts and such?

i'm still deciding whether to go with the predator or xcal2, whatre the pros and cons of each one?
for xpipes, hows the difficulty on installing them? my friend says that offroad xpipes are very loud, and as my car is already loud enough with slp loudmouths... i atleast want to be able to hear myself think ... so how much would a catted xpipe effect my sound... and how are the power gains on them? i was looking at the bassani catted xpipe.

for cais, are they all just about the same? is there any major differences between them?

as for appearance mods, i've been looking into chin spoilers.... hows the installation on them? also the eibach pro kit lowering springs, how difficult is the installation on those? and for rear blackout panels, hows the installation on those?

thanks in advance for any help provided.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:28 AM
TomsEleanor
1st Gear Member

Default RE: help with mods

where in Md you from man? im in kensington really close to DC, and id love to have a fellow stang man to talk to about my car in the area.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:47 PM
gianf
2nd Gear Member

before i say anything else, does anyone know of any good shops in maryland that could install my parts and such?

i'm still deciding whether to go with the predator or xcal2, whatre the pros and cons of each one?
for xpipes, hows the difficulty on installing them? my friend says that offroad xpipes are very loud, and as my car is already loud enough with slp loudmouths... i atleast want to be able to hear myself think ... so how much would a catted xpipe effect my sound... and how are the power gains on them? i was looking at the bassani catted xpipe.

for cais, are they all just about the same? is there any major differences between them?

as for appearance mods, i've been looking into chin spoilers.... hows the installation on them? also the eibach pro kit lowering springs, how difficult is the installation on those? and for rear blackout panels, hows the installation on those?
I have the Predator and it worked perfectly. The only problem is if you are planning to install a Saleen SC in the near future. They use the SCT tuner and don't support the Predator. I also installed JBL shorty headers, an X pipe and magnaflow super 40 axle backs. The sound was completely different. It went from the nice stock sound to sounding like a growling beast. The sound is much deeper and emanates from the whole car, not just from the back. It's quiet inside the car unless I go WOT; then it has a sound that can bring a tear to the most grizzled man.

I installed the C&L CAI, at the same time I changed the exhaust system. The difference between the stock car and having the new exhaust, CAI, and tune, was substantial. My only, slight complaint is with the throttle by wire delay. The Predator tune didn't get rid of the delay.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Steve
Old 10-01-2005, 01:52 PM
doc0075579
1st Gear Member

I too, am in the DC area! Nice to see some local people on here.... as for places that do good work?? I am fairly new here, but I have used Performance by Jax, in Sterling VA. Pretty good people, best prices I have found in the area.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:14 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TomsEleanor

where in Md you from man? im in kensington really close to DC, and id love to have a fellow stang man to talk to about my car in the area.
right now i'm living in silver spring
Old 10-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

I have the Predator and it worked perfectly. The only problem is if you are planning to install a Saleen SC in the near future. They use the SCT tuner and don't support the Predator. I also installed JBL shorty headers, an X pipe and magnaflow super 40 axle backs. The sound was completely different. It went from the nice stock sound to sounding like a growling beast. The sound is much deeper and emanates from the whole car, not just from the back. It's quiet inside the car unless I go WOT; then it has a sound that can bring a tear to the most grizzled man.

I installed the C&L CAI, at the same time I changed the exhaust system. The difference between the stock car and having the new exhaust, CAI, and tune, was substantial. My only, slight complaint is with the throttle by wire delay. The Predator tune didn't get rid of the delay.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Steve
i've always leaned towards the predator but somewhere down the line i would like a saleen s/c.. not anytime soon though, what kind of an xpipe do you have?
right now alls i have is slp loudmouths, which are pretty loud all around in my opinion, but uh would you happen to know what kind of an impact a catted xpipe and long tube headers would have on it? ( the sound that is)

but yeah, i think i'm going to go with the C&L cai and predator tuner, thanks for the help.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:24 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

If you find a good dyno shop you might want to use a tuner that they supply or recommend. I bought my Xcal and steeda CAI from a dyno shop outside of Richmond,VA they were able to check the tune from the dyno and they did not charge me any dyno time because I bought the tuner from them. They deal directly with SCT. Good luck with the mods. and finding a shop.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:16 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

I got the C&L intake with an sct2 from brenspeedy and the car hauls major a$$ now (not like it didn't before, but still). I highly recommend it...it was real easy to do

don't know anything about maryland shops since i live in tampa, but finding a good and reliable one is a good thing to have. gl
Old 10-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

alright, so does anyone know any good shops in maryland? perferably near silver spring but anything in the state is fine