Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Steeda CAI and BAMA tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 07:29 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Default Steeda CAI and BAMA tune

Ok, I know this has been worn out, but I FINALLY installed my Steeda CAI that I got in September for my birthday, and SCT x3 tuner for Christmas. My 2010 GT has become a BEAST in comparison. I'm having trouble with the actual tuner itself. Was on the phone with American Muscle today twice for an hour combined, and now I have to call SCT tomorrow. The screen freezes on the device, which is less than awesome.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:48 AM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

More than likely you will have to return the programmer. Bummer I know. Now you know what I was talking about!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:55 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sbradle4
Ok, I know this has been worn out, but I FINALLY installed my Steeda CAI that I got in September for my birthday, and SCT x3 tuner for Christmas. My 2010 GT has become a BEAST in comparison. I'm having trouble with the actual tuner itself. Was on the phone with American Muscle today twice for an hour combined, and now I have to call SCT tomorrow. The screen freezes on the device, which is less than awesome.
Sbradle4,

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your CAI and Bama tune. However, I'm sorry to see you're having device issues! It sounds like the Bama team has pointed you in the right direction. I'm confident SCT will get you squared away really quickly!

Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance from me!

-Dan
Old 01-08-2013, 11:45 AM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Sbradle4,

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your CAI and Bama tune. However, I'm sorry to see you're having device issues! It sounds like the Bama team has pointed you in the right direction. I'm confident SCT will get you squared away really quickly!

Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance from me!

-Dan
Yeah Dan, AM was very helpful, I feel sorry for Zach, whom I was talking (ranting) to last night. He was actually there after operating hours and I'm sure I was less than pleasant to deal with. Apparently even though the screen froze, it completed the performance tune. Calling SCT tonight, hopefully before they close.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:29 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

What I meant to say in my post was not a bash against Bama or SCT. I was trying to bring out the point that now you know what I was talking about with a custom tune waking the car up. Sorry if it was misleading.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:57 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mapitts
What I meant to say in my post was not a bash against Bama or SCT. I was trying to bring out the point that now you know what I was talking about with a custom tune waking the car up. Sorry if it was misleading.
Matt, I was just saying that AM was helpful to Dan, and that Zach at AM was very patient with my frustration, haha.

I know what you meant. I can't believe I waited this long to slap on the CAI and tune. It woke up the mustang more than the CAI and tune I had on my 2004 GTO.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:30 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Matt, I was just saying that AM was helpful to Dan, and that Zach at AM was very patient with my frustration, haha.

I know what you meant. I can't believe I waited this long to slap on the CAI and tune. It woke up the mustang more than the CAI and tune I had on my 2004 GTO.
Let's you know what Ford left on the table. Now you can enjoy it. Hope everything turns out good for you. Makes it all come to life!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:54 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Yeah Dan, AM was very helpful, I feel sorry for Zach, whom I was talking (ranting) to last night. He was actually there after operating hours and I'm sure I was less than pleasant to deal with. Apparently even though the screen froze, it completed the performance tune. Calling SCT tonight, hopefully before they close.
I'm glad to here Zach was able to help you out. Let us know how it goes with SCT and if we need to led a further hand!

-Dan
Old 01-10-2013, 08:55 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

sbradle,

Thank you for purchasing our Steeda CAI. That paired with the Bama tune will net you great gains!

Let me know if I can provide any support with our unit or if you would like to pair a suspension package with that power.

We offer forum discounts and package specials.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 01-11-2013, 11:03 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
I'm glad to here Zach was able to help you out. Let us know how it goes with SCT and if we need to led a further hand!

-Dan
Sent you a PM. Can't reach SCT ever during their business hours. Beyond frustrated with this product! Had to return my car back to stock (luckily the tuner worked long enough to do that) and reinstall the factory intake.

This SCT SF3/X3 is absolute garbage.

Quick Reply: Steeda CAI and BAMA tune