Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

PLEASE HELP! My stang got jacked up on the rear K-Member - HOW BAD IS IT???

Old 01-13-2013, 04:54 PM
chrisv_10

I wouldn't worry about it at all.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:47 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Maine-iac
You're welcome...
Thanks! Why can't all women have legs like that or at least not be fat!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Maine-iac
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
Your pictures are terrible! I can't tell much from those, but here's mine. I'm pretty sure it's always looked like this.

Yes - yours looks normal. Mine are dented up in a little. Here's a few more pics...
Attached Thumbnails PLEASE HELP! My stang got jacked up on the rear K-Member - HOW BAD IS IT???-img_1427.jpg   PLEASE HELP! My stang got jacked up on the rear K-Member - HOW BAD IS IT???-img_1428.jpg   PLEASE HELP! My stang got jacked up on the rear K-Member - HOW BAD IS IT???-img_1429.jpg   PLEASE HELP! My stang got jacked up on the rear K-Member - HOW BAD IS IT???-img_1430.jpg   PLEASE HELP! My stang got jacked up on the rear K-Member - HOW BAD IS IT???-img_1431.jpg  

Old 01-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

I want to say not to worry about it, but that 3rd pic looks pretty jacked. I don't know what to tell you.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:07 PM
SKAR

Not a big deal, most cars end up far worse without issue.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:25 PM
Maine-iac
1st Gear Member

Default PHEW!

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
I want to say not to worry about it, but that 3rd pic looks pretty jacked. I don't know what to tell you.
Okay - so I talked to a buddy of mine at a high-end local body shop. He said it would have to be crushed really bad - REALLY BAD - before there would be any noticeable impact to the car's alignment. Is it okay to jack in that spot - NO! Will I ever allow my car to be jacked there again - NFW! But, should be no big deal. Worst case - if the alignment shop finds that there is a problem in the spring, they can put it on the frame rack and pull the mounting box right back to spec - no problem and not very expensive. This is the shop that will be painting my stripes in the spring. I may just have them pull it while it's there - just because I'm a picky bastard! I'll leave the call up to him though - he's pretty adamant that it is a non-issue.

PHEW!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:00 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I've never actually jacked the car by the K member, but I've placed a jack stand under it where it's flat, because it was more convenient. I think he had the lift arm just on the outside lip and that's why it crunched in some.

Last edited by moosestang; 01-14-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Maine-iac
1st Gear Member

I've never actually jacked the car by the K member, but I've placed a jack stand under it where it's flat, because it was more convenient. I think he had the lift arm just on the outside lip and that's why it crunched in some.
Nope - it was on the K-member - right below the two bolts. From my research there are a number of guys that lift or have lifted their cars on that spot and never noticed or cared about the slight denting. I do not believe it will cause an issue - particularly when you have caster/camber plates to compensate for any slight geometry change. I'm feeling okay about this now.....
Old 01-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Maine-iac
1st Gear Member

Thanks! Why can't all women have legs like that or at least not be fat!
LOL! I hear ya man! How 'bout this one...
Attached Thumbnails PLEASE HELP! My stang got jacked up on the rear K-Member - HOW BAD IS IT???-5928780626_13fafb632a_z.jpg  
Old 01-14-2013, 11:59 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Maine-iac
LOL! I hear ya man! How 'bout this one...

OMG thats just so freaking good!!

Now about that lift............dude your not allowed to cheat and use a lift. You must suffer with jackstands in the garage like the rest of us.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP! My stang got jacked up on the rear K-Member - HOW BAD IS IT???