Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Price For Supercharger Install?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 02:25 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by USMCSKYLINE
According to the site this kit is 50 state legal.

The problem Im having is that there aren't that many shops near me (Sacramento)

But Im not too thrilled of me driving to Southern Cal to get a good shop to install the kit.
I know a lot of sacto people like AED in shingle springs. Besides that, I know a mechanic in Elk Grove that would probably do the install at a good price, (He did my shorty header and 6-speed transmission swap, also swapped out motor mounts, he also owns a pretty kick-A mustang) let me know if you want to talk with him and I'll see if he's interested in any work right now.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:56 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by V8ORNOTHING
well, well, well, if it isnt all of you S197 driving supercharged freaks. Its like you all get of on hearng your lil' whining screaming blowers for fun. Well let me tell you all something. Its not a day goes by that I blow the dust off you you Supercharged loving nuts with my can of the good ole' gas. There is no comparison in overall HP gains and torque numbers when running against a mustang on nitrous. NONE...
Except at part throttle! WOT is great, but I want power everywhere, every time.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:33 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Nitrous. $$$ for the N02, having to refill, heaters, not always ready and illegal on the street. Ya its a big kick in the *** but thats because its all at once, hard on the internals also.

SC. Air is free, just get a smaller pulley if u want more, is ALWAYS ready, as much or little as u want and its legal.

I would add Methanol injection before I went N02. Thats just me tho.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:51 AM
USMCSKYLINE
1st Gear Member

Hey Danzcool I just hear of AED in Shingle Springs and Alos I found "The Shop" in Rancho Cordova. I sent both an email about a quote but they haven't answer yet.

If you could ask your mechanic in Elk Grove though that be great!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:01 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

M90 installs very simply, easier than headers thats for sure. Roush website has a downloadable copy of the install directions. Lots of write ups on this site. Its really not that difficult. I would not get a dyno tune. Just get a brenspeed tune, they got this unit dialed in.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:10 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by 808muscle
M90 installs very simply, easier than headers thats for sure. Roush website has a downloadable copy of the install directions. Lots of write ups on this site. Its really not that difficult. I would not get a dyno tune. Just get a brenspeed tune, they got this unit dialed in.
Crappy advice there. I believe that it may be an easy install & a canned tune will work but they are not gonna get the most out of your stuff.

Cant beat a good dyno tune.

Last edited by FrostByte; 02-01-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:17 PM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FrostByte
Crappy advice there. I believe that it may be an easy install & a canned tune will work but they are not gonna get the most out of your stuff.

Cant beat a good dyno tune.
But if he does that it won't be 50 state legal. He could have gotten a better SC for less if he didn't want it to be 50 state legal.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:22 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Question

Originally Posted by 908ssp
But if he does that it won't be 50 state legal. He could have gotten a better SC for less if he didn't want it to be 50 state legal.
How dose a dyno tune make it illegal? Can I get some of what your smokin? WTF u talking about, am I missing something?

Last edited by FrostByte; 02-01-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:30 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FrostByte
How dose a dyno tune make it illegal? Can I get some of what your smokin? WTF u talking about, am I missing something?
I'm sure ya'll are smoking the same stuff. California sucks! It should be ashamed of itself.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:47 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Dyno tunes are illegal in Cali?

I WISH I could get what u guys are smokin in Cali.

Quick Reply: Price For Supercharger Install?