Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bad night

Old 02-03-2013, 08:36 PM
Poppacapp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JFitz
If all goes well, then this time next week I might well be in this.

Wants $13,000 but I'm fairly sure I can talk him down with cash in hand.
Good luck with the purchase, but just a note... dealers prefer financing over cash... they can make points on the back end of finance contracts. They might give you the price you want though.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:03 PM
JFitz
2nd Gear Member

It's not a Ford dealer, it's a used car dealership. Provided everything feels right, I'll just be glad to be back in a 'Stang.

Missing mine already and it hasn't even been a day.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:58 AM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Damn! I am happy you got out ok! Like others stated, cars can be replaced.

Speaking of, anyone want to buy some slightly used black aluminum louvers? :P
There are louvers on that car? Always wanted a set of those... would go with the mach 1 theme I will be going with. There are a few different ones though, the only one that looks right imho is the MMD one. But with my luck that sucker would fly off at the first gust of wind. Quite a bit of kit to loose at $400+ a pop. Never mind the paint damage on the trunk you'll probably get, AND the possible law suit from the guy that runs over it down the line.

Oh! Fanblades... All the tires and rims ok? I wouldn't mind a set for my grand marquis.

*slaps self* Ok, back in reality now.

That vert you are hoping to get looks sweet. And a rare color too. I don't see too many lime green stangs around these parts.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:15 AM
JFitz
2nd Gear Member

Nah, I love them on mine. With the blacked out decklid they made the back end look better than the front. Now, I got the occasional rattle out of them but sticking a piece of double sided tape or that foam tape in the right spot would've fixed it. Never got around to doing it, figured I had more time. They mount pretty securely to the rear window. I only feared they would come off once and that was when we had the 70 mile an hour gusts awhile back during the mini apocalypse in Dallas. But that's rare for Texas.

I'll post up in the parts section if/when i get my aftermarket parts off the car and decide what I want to part with. They louvers (if I get the 'vert) will probably be there.

They're the aluminum louvers from American Muscle. Bit of wear from the mounting bolts and such.

And I LOVE the fanblades. I wish I was able to take them but sadly, I'm sure they will have to go with the car.

Anyone want to trade fanblades for louvers?

Adjusters coming today...

Last edited by JFitz; 02-04-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:19 PM
jwth2005
1st Gear Member

Glad to hear you are ok. Sucks to see any mustang like that but the important thing is your safety. Good to know these things hold up in protecting us! Good luck on the purchase of that LL, and Welcome to the club if you do purchase it!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Lin263

that cuts down on the amount of awwwww poor guy thing. Hope you get this one, looks sharp, dont forget to check the top. leaks hide where you cant see them till it rains
Old 02-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Nah, I love them on mine. With the blacked out decklid they made the back end look better than the front. Now, I got the occasional rattle out of them but sticking a piece of double sided tape or that foam tape in the right spot would've fixed it. Never got around to doing it, figured I had more time. They mount pretty securely to the rear window. I only feared they would come off once and that was when we had the 70 mile an hour gusts awhile back during the mini apocalypse in Dallas. But that's rare for Texas.

I'll post up in the parts section if/when i get my aftermarket parts off the car and decide what I want to part with. They louvers (if I get the 'vert) will probably be there.

They're the aluminum louvers from American Muscle. Bit of wear from the mounting bolts and such.

And I LOVE the fanblades. I wish I was able to take them but sadly, I'm sure they will have to go with the car.

Anyone want to trade fanblades for louvers?

Adjusters coming today...

Maybe you can work a trade with the insurance company. Your new car's wheels & tires and you keep your Fanblades. I love Fanblades too.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:44 PM
JFitz
2nd Gear Member

Eh, I love the wheels but the previous driver (and me a couple times) scarred of the edges a bit.

I'll probably just look for new fanblades.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:10 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Glad your ok! Looks like that car took quite a hit. Good luck on the GT, looks very clean.

Matthew
Old 02-05-2013, 12:08 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Glad to hear you were not hurt. Good luck on the next stang. It's hard to look at that damaged 3v.....they just keep going down.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bad night