Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

n2mb wot

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 08:50 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2009 Eleanor
Can you translate to me how to wire it without using a switch?
Sure, the only difference is that the wht/blu wire from the 2-step box will go straight to the white top clutch wire. (Bypassing the switch.)
I'm sorry and thanks for the help but I am nothing special when it comes to wiring.
So if I had it actuating at the top of the clutch will it still actuate when it is also fully depressed? Meaning that it will stay on until the clutch is completely out.
Yes, if you wire it up my way the 2-step will remain activated as long as the clutch pedal is depressed at all. Doesn't matter if it is partially depressed or fully depressed, the 2-step will be hot. You don't have to apologize for asking the right questions. I spend most of my time on these forums answering questions for people who installed first and asked questions later. It's much better this way, lol.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:56 PM
2009 Eleanor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
Sure, the only difference is that the wht/blu wire from the 2-step box will go straight to the white top clutch wire. (Bypassing the switch.)

Yes, if you wire it up my way the 2-step will remain activated as long as the clutch pedal is depressed at all. Doesn't matter if it is partially depressed or fully depressed, the 2-step will be hot. You don't have to apologize for asking the right questions. I spend most of my time on these forums answering questions for people who installed first and asked questions later. It's much better this way, lol.
If I did it this way would I have to run a relay like you originally mentioned?

Man, you are getting me so excited for this thing!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:34 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

If I did it this way would I have to run a relay like you originally mentioned?

Man, you are getting me so excited for this thing!
No relay. Straight shot. Glad you're pumped. The 2-step has improved my RT and 60' tremendously.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:50 AM
2009 Eleanor
2nd Gear Member

One last question (hopefully):
I read that the solid blue wire was the one that would activate the 2 step if you are using the clutch to activate it yet you are telling me to use the white and blue wire instead of the solid blue wire.
Can you explain this a little more to me?

And can I splice the wire so I can keep my clutch safety switch while still using the top clutch to activate the 2 step?

I still have my cats, needed to go through emmisions in MD, but what type of damage can this 2 step do to my cats?

Last edited by 2009 Eleanor; 02-23-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:44 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

One last question (hopefully):
I read that the solid blue wire was the one that would activate the 2 step if you are using the clutch to activate it yet you are telling me to use the white and blue wire instead of the solid blue wire.
Can you explain this a little more to me?
Sure. The universal instructions that come with the MSD 2-step suck. I you were using the bottom clutch switch, you would need to use the solid blue wire. If wiring it my way, you need to use the blu/wht wire.
and can I splice the wire so I can keep my clutch safety switch while still using the top clutch to activate the 2 step?
Yes. Wiring it my way does not affect the functionality of the clutch safety switch.
I still have my cats, needed to go through emmisions in MD, but what type of damage can this 2 step do to my cats?
Any device that limits spark can dump raw fuel onto your cats. Over time, this can cause excessive heat and melting/damage to the cats.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:06 AM
2009 Eleanor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
Sure. The universal instructions that come with the MSD 2-step suck. I you were using the bottom clutch switch, you would need to use the solid blue wire. If wiring it my way, you need to use the blu/wht wire.

Yes. Wiring it my way does not affect the functionality of the clutch safety switch.

Any device that limits spark can dump raw fuel onto your cats. Over time, this can cause excessive heat and melting/damage to the cats.
So I should wait till I remove the cats and go through emissions before I get the 2 step. I will probably end up buying some cats and straight pipe that is easily interchangeable.
Thanks for all the help,
You really cleared up everything for me!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:22 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

No prob.