Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Great deal for anyone looking for ceramic long tube headers and an o/r h-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Suicide Bobb
1st Gear Member

Default Great deal for anyone looking for ceramic long tube headers and an o/r h-pipe

After spending weeks researching, I finally pulled the trigger on the exhaust I was looking for. I went with MAC ceramic long tubes and their o/r Prochamber. I didn't feel compelled by the premium for Kooks and ARH, and the only other long tube and h-pipe combo I could find was JBA. While the JBA h-pipe was a good $250 cheaper than the Prochamber, the headers were $300 more! Since people generally prefer the sound of the Prochamber and JBA headers don't fit quite as well as MAC's, I went with the cheaper (and better) option.

Here's the site I purchased the combo from: treperformance.com
Headers: $446
Prochamber: $418

I am not affiliated with them in any way. Just wanted to share with you guys who are still deciding what to get, I don't think you'll find a better ceramic long tube and h-pipe combo for the money. I should also mention that they shipped very quickly, like in 3 days.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:35 PM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

Who says JBA's don't fit as well as Mac? Hell, after seeing the fit and finish of the Prochamber I used to have, I'd be afraid to buy Mac's headers. Also JBA's are 409 stainless which is the reason for the price difference.

I'm halfway through installing my JBA's and the driver's side fit like a glove. I expect the same of the passenger side, though the bottom front manifold bolt is right up against the AC compressor, kind of a bitch to get at.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:41 AM
Suicide Bobb
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ghunt
Who says JBA's don't fit as well as Mac? Hell, after seeing the fit and finish of the Prochamber I used to have, I'd be afraid to buy Mac's headers. Also JBA's are 409 stainless which is the reason for the price difference.

I'm halfway through installing my JBA's and the driver's side fit like a glove. I expect the same of the passenger side, though the bottom front manifold bolt is right up against the AC compressor, kind of a bitch to get at.
Well, that's what I've read and been told. Have no personal experience on the subject of fitment. Didn't know they were 409 though, that's nice! Doesn't make a big difference if the lower grade is ceramic coated, though.

Last edited by Suicide Bobb; 03-16-2013 at 02:54 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:20 AM
JCON
5th Gear Member

My Mac longtubes fit perfectly.