Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

my exhaust and short shifter review

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Mdazi

Default my exhaust and short shifter review

Whats up guys, thought I would share some feedback on the sr short shifter from american muscle and granatelli exhaust. The short shifter has been discussed before so I'm sure this info is nothing new, but here goes. The construction of the shifter is 100 times better then oem, the throws are a little shorter but not by much. It definatley cleaned up the shifting experience, still notice a crunchy shift every now then, but a lot better then before. Now on to the granatelli axle back exhaust, I hope this will help people out as there is almost no info on them for the 11-14 mustangs. I personally purchased them due to the fact that I thought there where the best looking mufflers on the market. The sound is AWESOME!!!! there is absolutley no drone what so ever, it has a nice rumble at idle, and screams when you get on them. As far as fitment they suck! I had to heat up the hangers and bend them in about 2 inches on each side, it wasn't the end of the world, but slowed me down me bit. All in all I am very happy with both purchases.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:05 PM
ScarlettD1MR

I'll pass the info on to Granatelli (I'm a local) in regards to fitment...

I do have to ask - what made you go with the SR Sport Shifter?
Old 04-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Mdazi

Originally Posted by ScarlettD1MR
I'll pass the info on to Granatelli (I'm a local) in regards to fitment...

I do have to ask - what made you go with the SR Sport Shifter?
I originally placed an order for the mgw shifter, but I came across the SR shifter and and JHR bracket for $120.00 both brand new. So basically price was a major influence. I'm happy with the current set up but prolly will evantually go with mgw.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:39 PM
ScarlettD1MR

Originally Posted by Mdazi
I originally placed an order for the mgw shifter, but I came across the SR shifter and and JHR bracket for $120.00 both brand new. So basically price was a major influence. I'm happy with the current set up but prolly will evantually go with mgw.
Fair enough.

I've Steeda Tri-Ax and Hurst Billet Pro... I loved the Tri-Ax for the track and for drifting, and the Hurst was great for just romping around town. Haven't tried MGW - but have heard mostly good things on the forums.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Kevyn
1st Gear Member

Good to know about the shifter
Old 04-03-2013, 08:07 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

hey guys ill chime in on the mgw. Its amazing, get it. thats the only thing i have to say. lol.

honestly though, its great. youll never miss a gear, adjustable throw and height and nice tight shifts
Old 04-04-2013, 08:29 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mdazi
Whats up guys, thought I would share some feedback on the sr short shifter from american muscle and granatelli exhaust. The short shifter has been discussed before so I'm sure this info is nothing new, but here goes. The construction of the shifter is 100 times better then oem, the throws are a little shorter but not by much. It definatley cleaned up the shifting experience, still notice a crunchy shift every now then, but a lot better then before. Now on to the granatelli axle back exhaust, I hope this will help people out as there is almost no info on them for the 11-14 mustangs. I personally purchased them due to the fact that I thought there where the best looking mufflers on the market. The sound is AWESOME!!!! there is absolutley no drone what so ever, it has a nice rumble at idle, and screams when you get on them. As far as fitment they suck! I had to heat up the hangers and bend them in about 2 inches on each side, it wasn't the end of the world, but slowed me down me bit. All in all I am very happy with both purchases.
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your SR Performance Short Shifter! That set up is great and extremely affordable, I run it on my Mustang as well and have absolutely no complaints.

Please let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance in the future, we'll be glad to help!

-Dan