Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Nothing better than......

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 05:46 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

Default Nothing better than......

I was working on my truck today, and noticed a funny black streak on the front left bumper going back to the tire. The car is dirty from all of the pollen, so I thought I would just wait and give her a good bath in a week or so. Turns out the "funny streak" was not some dead bug that slid, but where some f%$k stick hit me at work apparently. Looks like a bad close call on one of the monster trucks at work backing in. To the body shop I go. You would think that if someone hit me that they would own up to it and have me paged. That would have been fine. Now I am it is out of my pocket, and I am mad. My wife say's I obsess to much over my Mustang.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:55 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

I would lose my mind, so don't worry, you're in the company of people who understand. I don't understand why people don't own up to their mistakes. Hope they get it fixed right up!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:52 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Oh no! Sorry man! I'd be pissed too! I would go ape $#!+.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:51 PM
mustangspotential
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sbradle4
Oh no! Sorry man! I'd be pissed too! I would go ape $#!+.
+1

Currently going ape **** over a 1 inch paint chip on my front bumper.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:21 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

I'm with ya man...I'd be going spider monkey on someone!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:39 AM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

It's Performance White to boot. Sticks out like a soar thumb. My wife still thinks I am OCD. Oh well, this is what we have insurance for I guess.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:28 AM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

I was at home depot last week sitting in my car before I went in the store...heard a weird noise and look up to see this woman, apparently trying to pull through a spot between two vehicles a couple spots down from me and ran right into the front of a truck that was parked beside the open spot. She backed up, sat in her car for a minute, I couldn't tell what she was doing because it looked like she might have been writing a note for the truck....she looked at me a couple times and then just got out of her car and walked into the store. Didn't check her car for damage, didn't check the truck, basically looked like she didn't give a ****. I DID look when I got out and somehow she didn't even scuff the truck's bumper (it was a newer Chevy/GMC with the painted plastic on the ends of the bumper).

People with that kind of attitude just suck.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:42 AM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

I guess when I get it fixed, I will keep it out of the parking lot at work. I talked to a couple of people today and they said that it happens all of the time in the parking lot I have to use now. One guy with a BMW got smacked twice. I will bring the old Dodge out here and let them run all over that.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:59 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by mapitts
I was working on my truck today, and noticed a funny black streak on the front left bumper going back to the tire. The car is dirty from all of the pollen, so I thought I would just wait and give her a good bath in a week or so. Turns out the "funny streak" was not some dead bug that slid, but where some f%$k stick hit me at work apparently. Looks like a bad close call on one of the monster trucks at work backing in. To the body shop I go. You would think that if someone hit me that they would own up to it and have me paged. That would have been fine. Now I am it is out of my pocket, and I am mad. My wife say's I obsess to much over my Mustang.
Oh man! That's painful, mapitts. I hope it gets resolved soon.

Deysha
Old 04-28-2013, 10:35 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

I had my 05 v6 Mustang hit in a parking lot, no note. Had my 05 Mustang GT shot, no note... police caught him though.

Still had to pay deductible for both incidences.