Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Cai and tune question

Old 04-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Kevin Wisniewski

Default Cai and tune question

I have a 2006 mustang gt and I have a tune and Cai on its way... Was wondering if anyone knew about what hp gains iI will get... It's a steeda cai and I have a 93 octane tune coming
Old 04-28-2013, 05:14 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kevin Wisniewski
I have a 2006 mustang gt and I have a tune and Cai on its way... Was wondering if anyone knew about what hp gains iI will get... It's a steeda cai and I have a 93 octane tune coming
what brand CAI did you get? bama tunes im guessing or what?

anyways, the CAI will yield very little, if any gains. maybe around ~3rwhp. but will look pretty under the hood...

you will see a decent gain from the tune though, especially 93. maybe 10-15rwhp depending on your setup.

are you running an auto or manual? Autos benefit more by firmening the shift points and getting rid of "lag". Either way even with a manual you should feel some power gain and the throttle will be a little more peppy and "ready to go"
Old 04-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Kevin Wisniewski

Manual transmission.. Steeda cai and yes Bama tunes
Old 04-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Kevin Wisniewski

Originally Posted by xx10Gt
what brand CAI did you get? bama tunes im guessing or what?

anyways, the CAI will yield very little, if any gains. maybe around ~3rwhp. but will look pretty under the hood...

you will see a decent gain from the tune though, especially 93. maybe 10-15rwhp depending on your setup.

are you running an auto or manual? Autos benefit more by firmening the shift points and getting rid of "lag". Either way even with a manual you should feel some power gain and the throttle will be a little more peppy and "ready to go"
Steeda cai and yes Bama tunes. And it is a manual transmission. Everything I have seen to be put on a dyno with this same setup has had gains of about 35 hp but they are on the newer 2011 gts and newer... I hope I get at least 25 with the both..
Old 04-28-2013, 05:21 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kevin Wisniewski
Manual transmission.. Steeda cai and yes Bama tunes
good choice at least. I have the same thing on my 2010 and it feels great, and looks awesome under the hood. Number one compliment at shows is the steeda cai. but like i said most of the gains will be in the tune. could be around ~20rwhp but im not thinking more than that. some cars mod better than others. anyways have fun!
Old 04-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Kevin Wisniewski

good choice at least. I have the same thing on my 2010 and it feels great, and looks awesome under the hood. Number one compliment at shows is the steeda cai. but like i said most of the gains will be in the tune. could be around ~20rwhp but im not thinking more than that. some cars mod better than others. anyways have fun!
Ok I guess lol.. I was really hoping for an extra 5 hp... 20 hp for $600 seems a little steep but I know the tuner will be used after each mod... I'm thinking pypes long tube headers and off road shorty pypes X pipe with pypes pipe bomb exhaust for the next mod... Not sure if pipe bomb is the name of the one I want lol..
Old 04-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Kevin Wisniewski

My girlfriend says that exhaust setup sounds like a ricer... There was a YouTube video of it... If anyone has a padded helmet you can send me I think she could make use of it...
Old 04-28-2013, 05:33 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

well new 5.0s see better gains than our 4.6s and they just mod easier, so they would more than likely pick up more hp/tq than a 4.6.

as far as LTs, if you can do it, do it! youll see a great gain and get an amazing sound. Heads up though, as far as pypes midpipes, i do hear alot of fitment issues about them. If you can get it to work though, im sure it would sound badass. and loud! especially without cats!
Old 04-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Kevin Wisniewski

American E=xx10Gt;8203160]well new 5.0s see better gains than our 4.6s and they just mod easier, so they would more than likely pick up more hp/tq than a 4.6.

as far as LTs, if you can do it, do it! youll see a great gain and get an amazing sound. Heads up though, as far as pypes midpipes, i do hear alot of fitment issues about them. If you can get it to work though, im sure it would sound badass. and loud! especially without cats![/QUOTE]

Amero
Old 04-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Kevin Wisniewski

well new 5.0s see better gains than our 4.6s and they just mod easier, so they would more than likely pick up more hp/tq than a 4.6.

as far as LTs, if you can do it, do it! youll see a great gain and get an amazing sound. Heads up though, as far as pypes midpipes, i do hear alot of fitment issues about them. If you can get it to work though, im sure it would sound badass. and loud! especially without cats!
American muscle guaranteed that pypes shorty midpipes would fit... The standard midpipes are the one they say needed fitment..

Sorry I'm on my phone and it prematurely posted that last post.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cai and tune question