Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

srt8 challenger , any thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 09:56 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by UsmcMustang
allright now to my cali guys asking how i passed smog , i didnt have to do it since i was stationed there with VA license plate and i am now back in va , i still have my cats just high flow cats instead of the stock ones

yes just like CMcNam , i am now back in va i just cant figure out how to change it in my profile haha

yes i thought about getting 3:73s since i will be doing more track than drag racing

the reason i want the tr 6060 is just the peace of mind , it is beefier and stronger than the tr 3650 , maybe down the road i will change my rear out for a moser one , now i dont know if the svt axle is better than the stock one for track racing , but that is far away since my exterior is starting to show its age as well

thank you everyone for giving me an idea what i am up against
Virginia is second in line for sucky emissions laws or automotive related laws in general.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:42 AM
yellowneck86
2nd Gear Member

I heard New York is trying to push the same emission laws that Californa has. A member from another forum got this email from rock auto a few weeks back.
"NY Catalytic Converters Need CARB Certification Starting June 1st
This is a one-time message from RockAuto to help ensure you are aware that an impending New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) regulation requires catalytic converters purchased and/or installed in New York after June 1st be certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB). If you need a catalytic converter for a vehicle located in New York state, then you might consider buying and installing one before June 1st to take advantage of better availability and lower costs.

Catalytic converter manufacturers such as AP, Bosal, Catco, Eastern, Walker, etc. do not yet offer CARB certified catalytic converters for many vehicle applications. Catalytic converters may meet California emissions standards but still may not have the requisite labeling, etc. that make them CARB certified.

Catalytic converters with CARB certification cost more. For example, a Walker catalytic converter without CARB certification for a 2000 Toyota Camry with California emissions currently costs $202 (at RockAuto). A CARB certified catalytic converter built by Walker for the same car costs $269. That is more than a 30% price difference. The price difference could easily exceed 100% when a CARB certified catalytic converter for a specific vehicle is only available from a car dealer.

Once again, this is a one-time message to make sure you are aware of this unique automotive regulatory change in New York. Catalytic converters for your specific vehicles are found under the “Exhaust” category at http://www.RockAuto.com.

We have prepared this page to help explain CARB certification further: http://www.rockauto.com/info/emissionsExp.html.

The New York DEC regulation is spelled out here: http://www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/87411.html.

Best Regards,
Tom Taylor
RockAuto.com"
Old 05-16-2013, 05:46 PM
UsmcMustang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by yellowneck86
I beat my friends 2011 R/T charger by 3 car lengths. All I had at the time was my cold air intake and tune. kinda helps when your car doesnt weigh as much as a Honda Odyssey.
damn , well i just found out my buddy went with the automatic , i didnt think they would do that bad for drag racing since stock they got 375 hp and the srt has i think what 470 , or is that the 6.4 only
Old 05-16-2013, 09:00 PM
UsmcMustang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
Virginia is second in line for sucky emissions laws or automotive related laws in general.

fml , well i guess im moving