Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2012 5.0 w/16k miles Clutch Slipping

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 01:33 PM
ronnies_mustang_5o

Worse case scenario, I don't have it covered under warranty, and I can't get a good deal trading it in on something else, I might have my mechanic friend replace the clutch. Any clutch recommendations, and a list of parts I'd need to order?
Old 07-03-2013, 05:43 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

PM sleeper_gt, he can get you parts through hypermotiveperformance.com. Don't remember what state you're in (i'm on the mobile site) but if your in nc/sc our whole group can install the stuff for ya too.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:16 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by ronnies_mustang_5o
It's going to the dealership this afternoon if I get off jury duty in time. They better not have a tech who drives like a maniac, I experienced that with my truck.
Please let me know what happens at the dealer, ronnies_mustang_5o.

Deysha
Old 07-03-2013, 12:48 PM
ronnies_mustang_5o

Originally Posted by FordService
Please let me know what happens at the dealer, ronnies_mustang_5o.

Deysha
I have an appointment for a drive with a service tech this coming Monday. The service department is nice, there's a friendly lady named Carolyn who set me up with an appointment.

While I was there setting up the appointment, I talked to a salesman who has a 2013 Mustang 5.0 manual. He drove mine and said my clutch wasn't grabbing until the very end. He let me drive his and it was a much smoother clutch, the car didnt jerk around as much.

Now the newest problem with mine seems to be that it randomly decides not to go into gear...
Old 07-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

It's going to the dealership this afternoon if I get off jury duty in time. They better not have a tech who drives like a maniac, I experienced that with my truck.
Definitely am a positive guy lol. Guess the huge difference is, I go my new the way I ordered it, so I knew exactly how hard I beat the snot out of it. I guess I thought my situation was relevant due to others driving it very similarly and their clutches blowing up at or around 12-18k mileage. Either way, I hope it is the clutch and I hope the do warranty it for you! I told my guy that I beat I up hard so I knew it wasn't going to be covered.

All that aside, after the new clutch broke in, car drives like it should. I can really describe with words how amazed I am at my new clutch. Damn thing does exactly what I want it the way I want it with confidence.

Following your story to the end . Can't say it enough but good luck!!!!
Old 07-05-2013, 07:15 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

I have an appointment for a drive with a service tech this coming Monday. The service department is nice, there's a friendly lady named Carolyn who set me up with an appointment.

While I was there setting up the appointment, I talked to a salesman who has a 2013 Mustang 5.0 manual. He drove mine and said my clutch wasn't grabbing until the very end. He let me drive his and it was a much smoother clutch, the car didnt jerk around as much.

Now the newest problem with mine seems to be that it randomly decides not to go into gear...
Thanks for the update, ronnies_mustang_5o! I look forward to your PM.

Deysha
Old 07-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like the clutch for sure!!! Good luck an keep us posted!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:15 PM
ronnies_mustang_5o

Deysha, I sent you a PM.

I took it over there this morning at 7:30 and rode along with as the service manager drove it a few miles to see if he could replicate the problem. He didn't say much about what he thought, he just asked me some questions and I tried to tell him what has been going on with the car. I left my car there, and they've had it there all day. So far I haven't heard back from them, I really have no idea what's going on.

I will keep you guys posted on any updates.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:43 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Deysha, I sent you a PM.

I took it over there this morning at 7:30 and rode along with as the service manager drove it a few miles to see if he could replicate the problem. He didn't say much about what he thought, he just asked me some questions and I tried to tell him what has been going on with the car. I left my car there, and they've had it there all day. So far I haven't heard back from them, I really have no idea what's going on.

I will keep you guys posted on any updates.
Thank you for the update, ronnies_mustang_5o! I’ll get back to your PM as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 07-10-2013, 06:26 PM
ronnies_mustang_5o

I've had my car at the dealership since Monday, and still no update. Supposedly, the service manager has 'driven it several times' and was not able to duplicate the problem. I'm afraid the car is going to be trashed and the gas tank empty when I get it back, with the clutch even further worn out. That would really upset me. I have an appointment tomorrow morning to speak with the service manager and possibly take it for another drive. This is really beginning to **** me off. I'm stuck without a car, and I need it back, in good shape.

Quick Reply: 2012 5.0 w/16k miles Clutch Slipping