Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

More HP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Cammy

Default More HP!

Well guys I have had my 08 GT with a Roush S/C for almost a year now and have a little money saved up. From what I've read it is a M80 installed by a dealership when it was first purchased and pypes exhaust. I'm not all that familiar with superchargers but am with programmers and fords in general. So my question is how much boost is this thing pushing? Can I bump it up with a pulley kit, and maybe a recommendation on a brand of kit. Would also like to be pointed in the right direction for a boost gauge. I'm not all that high on the air vent style. (Would like to keep it looking factory or a bit of a sleeper)

P.S.
I'm looking for a SCT programmer for my mustang. If your selling PM me and we can work something out!

Your help is much appreciated!!
Cam
Old 06-27-2013, 01:26 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cammy
Well guys I have had my 08 GT with a Roush S/C for almost a year now and have a little money saved up. From what I've read it is a M80 installed by a dealership when it was first purchased and pypes exhaust. I'm not all that familiar with superchargers but am with programmers and fords in general. So my question is how much boost is this thing pushing? Can I bump it up with a pulley kit, and maybe a recommendation on a brand of kit. Would also like to be pointed in the right direction for a boost gauge. I'm not all that high on the air vent style. (Would like to keep it looking factory or a bit of a sleeper)

P.S.
I'm looking for a SCT programmer for my mustang. If your selling PM me and we can work something out!

Your help is much appreciated!!
Cam
im not sure on how much boost (i think around 6psi) but alot of people do a roush tvs2300 blower swap if im not mistaken
Old 06-27-2013, 01:43 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

I think you need to upgrade superchargers, there's not much room for improvement in those.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Cammy

Well that's too bad. Looking at prices and I don't think I'm willing to make up the difference in the prices right now. Maybe just a good tune for now.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:15 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

yeah i thought you had a roush, not just a roush s/c. but yeah a tune should help a bit, are you auto or manual?

Last edited by xx10Gt; 06-27-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Cammy

Manual. Yeah it's a GT with the S/C added on.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:07 PM
JFitz
2nd Gear Member

I would recommend talking shop with one of these performance shops that can help. I know Brenspeed is/will be carrying the new Edelbrock S/C's and are one of the largest Roush dealers in the Country. Those guys would be happy to talk you through the specs. You're in OK so there is a full install shop 20 minutes south of Dallas that you could get it installed in, if you wanted to upgrade. Or do a custom Dyno tune.

I've never talked S/C with them but they have always taken plenty of time to explain any questions I had.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:32 PM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

VMP tuning offers a 500 HP kit for the M90. Check it out if you haven't already.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:50 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I got the same m90 and brenspeed has tuned it perfectly. Call them for sure. With the stock tune your getting about 5 lbs of boost. A CAI, tune, headers, cams will all give you more power. The pulley kit is another option but it spins the blower so fast it becomes inefficient and suffers from heat soak. Call and educate yourself before you buy anything.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:31 AM
lawrencecar1
2nd Gear Member

i have the 2.57 pulley (adds 3 psi) and FRPP cams with the m90 sc. 419 rwhp