Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Shaker w/ TVS/Roots

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 04:13 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Default Shaker w/ TVS/Roots

Ok, so I am looking to pic up a shaker, because I like the looks. I did a search and either I suck at it or there isnt much info on maintaining the LOOKS of the shaker while having a roots/twin screw blower.

I understand the FUNCTION won't be there (unless I get the saleen kit) but I just want the looks. Is there anyone who has created a bracket that will allow the scoop to still sit on top of the motor with a TS/Roots blower installed? Or has anyone here done it and if so, how did you? I'm not the greatest metal master, but I am sure I can figure it out, or find a local shop to fab it for me if needed.

Worst case I end up getting the saleen and figuring out a way to boost that power over the 475bhp advertised. And then sell the core shaker unit.

I was looking specifically for the KB 2.3L Stage 1(or 2), any direction, guidance or assistance is appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Rshustler1
2nd Gear Member

I was once I retested in this myself and after ALOT of research I did find that JimC had dabbed up a way to use both or he knew someone that did pm him and see
Old 07-10-2013, 09:11 PM
JimC

A friend of mine has it on his car and he fabbed it up himself. As I recall it wasn't elaborate, just a small bracket that he made after studying the Roush blower and the shaker. Roush had told him "it can't be done" but he took a look himself and figured it out (then a Roush rep wanted to study it when he spotted it at a show of course)

I opted to mount mine to the hood - that way when the hood is up the blower is fully exposed and can cool down easier. I cut the hood hole a little smaller, trimmed everything off the plastic shroud so that I just had the shaker mount. Used some aluminum sheet that I screwed into the rib of the underside of the hood. Alumimum C channel to hold the shaker up as high as the remaining plastic shroud (to hide the C channel). Had to modify the trim ring as well because I had the Foose hood with the 1969 spear.

Name:  DSC03358.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  60.9 KB

Name:  DSC03360.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  76.8 KB

Name:  DSC03355_zpsbddd859c.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  125.6 KB

Name:  002-1.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  45.1 KB

Name:  015.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  58.1 KB

I sold the car about 3 weeks after I finally finished the hood - it was either finish this hood before selling or repairing some damage on the old hood so decided to get the car looking like I envisioned it over the winter. The plate was open under the scoop so it drops cooling air right on top of the blower. Never had any problems with rain and the new owner drives it daily as well with no problems. The underside was supposed to be striped just like the top, but the painter screwed up the job so bad, and damaged the paint on a door, then couldn't seem to get it together to fix everything - I ended up suing him and taking it to another painter just to fix the problems and spray the underside all black.

Last edited by JimC; 07-10-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:28 AM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

hmm looks nice... you dont by chance have any pics of your friends' setup? I'm interested in looking at both sides... Of course, the saleen TVS blower isn't bad either, so if I went with a conventional shaker I could sell that part (minus the hood) and toss the saleen on too... who knows, just exploring the options, thanks
Old 07-11-2013, 06:02 AM
JimC

If you go to mustangcollective.com and look up DropTop6 he can answer you on how it was done. I don't have any pictures of how he did it, just remember seeing the small bracket he used.