Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2013 Mustang OEM Tail Lights Assembly Illegal, Says the Police!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 08:53 PM
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Cool pics tbear853...
But that Cougar ain't stock if it really has a 351C as that mill came out in 70.
Don't matter though, cool car regardless and I have a thing for Cougars.

You are right .... and now that I think back ..... I think she maybe said she liked the 69s most but found a 70. She also mentioned liking the 67. She was very clear, it had a 351 C and she knew the differences in valve covers.

What surprised me was this well dressed older lady (to some of y'all maybe) looking like she worked at some professional job looking for a map light bulb for an old Cougar and being as excited about the car as she was.

The Eliminator is the one I'ld want ..... if I was to get one.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Uncoolron
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tbear853
I thank you .... and I hope you do find yours.

Just today at the Advance store I work in part time, an attractive lady came in looking for a bulb to fit the map light of her "new" car, she was maybe 45 years young ..... and I spent a bit of time talking to her about the car and sold her some spare fuses and the bulbs and we talked about her plans.

She has wanted one since she was a little girl she said, a '69 Mercury Cougar XR-7.

She found one recently with near 80 thousand miles, garaged since the '80s, 351C, Auto, it's yellow and original paint. She wants to paint it white but said some say she should leave it original.

There is someplace, a '79 Camaro SS in a garage ..... waiting ........ .

Sorry I missed typed. :-) It's supposed to be '69 Camaro SS not '79...and it turns out that's what everybody wants so the price of one is up there.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Uncoolron
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by miner999r
In the late 70's I had the opportunity while living in Ontario to tour through Virginia and nearby states on my Harley. I had a great time and look forward to visiting again. I also found police officers friendly and very helpful when I approached them and asked for directions etc. My pipes were a tad loud but no hassles at all. The only problem we had was traffic in Washington DC was really heavy, must be a lot worse now.

Some day I am hoping to tour through the area again and show my wife the blue ridge, etc. I have fond memories of Virginia.
We've driven to Toronto 3 times this past 3 years and we like it. Wife and I have relatives there, I just can't remember the name of the town... I think one of them is Scarborough.

Blue ridge is still beautiful, fall season is the best time to drive around there. Washington DC and Northern Virginia traffic is hell. And the road constructions never ends around here.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:48 PM
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Uncoolron
Sorry I missed typed. :-) It's supposed to be '69 Camaro SS not '79...and it turns out that's what everybody wants so the price of one is up there.
Oh ... besides ..... I don't believe they even did a "SS" in '79 now that I give it a minute's thought?

Old 08-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do when they come for you?
Old 08-09-2013, 01:20 PM
red07gt
1st Gear Member

Where are you located? Headed to Cars and Coffee in Richmond (Insbrook) in my 66 Galaxie tomorrow.

Edit...never mind..see you are in NOVA.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Uncoolron
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by red07gt
Where are you located? Headed to Cars and Coffee in Richmond (Insbrook) in my 66 Galaxie tomorrow.

Edit...never mind..see you are in NOVA.
Yeah NoVA. Not going C & C tomorrow but doing autocross in the morning at Winchester and then go to Route 11 Yard Crawl after that.

The Route 11 Yard Crawl is over 40 miles of yard sales and business sales along the Old Valley Pike, U.S. Route 11. There is no official starting point for the crawl, however the official crawl is from New Market to Stephens City. You may start at any point. The Route 11 Yard Crawl is a partnership of the Town of Stephens City, the Town of Middletown, the Strasburg Chamber of Commerce; the Shenandoah County Chamber of Commerce, and the New Market Chamber of Commerce. Marketing support is provided by the Shenandoah County Tourism Office
Attached Thumbnails 2013 Mustang OEM Tail Lights Assembly Illegal, Says the Police!-yard-crawl-logo.jpg  
Old 01-26-2014, 01:08 AM
DCzapla
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mph07alloy
YES. After 13 years as an LEO by far most cops are genuinely good people who don't care to harass someone for something so petty as window tint or non existent aftermarket tail lights, but then there are the egotistical types with a badge who enjoy the power and like to exercise their authority whenever and wherever they can. They forget they work for the people and are paid by the people. They are the ones that create the disdain the public has developed for police over the years.
Truer words have never been spoken, i find the officers who are older much easier to deal with. Its the young kids with an attitude i really dislike
Old 01-27-2014, 12:28 PM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kaidis
I went to costco once for a cheap set of tires and had to argue with the salesman until finally leaving because they refused to install anything but 17" bfg's
I had a problem with them too. Apparently, they have a policy about over-sized tires. I walked out as well. Their loss!!
Old 01-27-2014, 01:08 PM
shinerttu
2nd Gear Member

I have been pulled over for "questionable" offenses, but I have always attributed that to my aggressive looking cars. I have quite a few speeding tickets, but have always tried to maintain a friendly demeanor when pulled over. I also make sure my hands are always visible, and just try to make the officer feel at ease (since he is the one at risk).
I feel this has worked favorably for me, I feel like I have a 50% success rate of being given only a warning...and I think that's pretty good. I got pulled over on a rainy day in highschool burning out 1-4th gear, my speedo said I was doing 115mph when I was only really going like 30mph. Cop passed me and pulled me over. He asked me what the hell I thought I was doing, I pointed to the pretty girl in the passenger seat and told him I was being an idiot trying to show off. He said it was relieving to hear the truth in his line of work. I have been brutally honest every since, and I think I have faired well. I have had the a*hole cops that are aggressive with you (which I don't enjoy). I in turn am an *** to them and I fight those tickets out of spite (love my lawyer). All in all I do believe most cops do a good job, but there are those ****** who didn't make it to the NBA or college football so now they have to take their fat aggression on the public.

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang OEM Tail Lights Assembly Illegal, Says the Police!