Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2007 mustang gt headers question

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 05:44 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Here is some more hard data on longtubes, which I definitely recommend: https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l...o-results.html
Old 10-20-2013, 05:54 PM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

Everybody's got their opinion on longtubes, but can generally only speak from experience with one brand (unless they run a shop). I love my JBA's, got a hell of a deal on them and they were easy to install and fit perfect, and based on that I like to recommend them to people. I had some very slight fitment issues with the shorty H pipe and had to make a little bit of a modification to it, but I bought it used so who knows what might have been done to it previously.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:32 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...stang_headers/
Old 10-22-2013, 08:26 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xx10Gt
pypes fitment sucks.
Originally Posted by Ricardo
Please expand upon this. My headers fit perfectly. There are many cases of Pypes exhaust having ill fitment issues. You just can't say they suck and not explain why.
Originally Posted by 808muscle
My Pypes fit perfectly too. 3.5 years later they are performing perfectly. Go with an H pipe over an X. X is very raspy. Install will take a weekend but it earns you a man card for sure. Gloves and an 13mm flexhead racheting box wrench are a must.
i have read about plenty of people saying they had to fab their pypes exhaust. i was going to get a full pypes exhaust until i heard about this.. I took an old car of mine to have a catted x swapped out at a muffler shop in my area and the first thing they said was "i hope its not pypes, we cant get any of their stuff to line up correctly".

While not everybody has a problem i wouldnt take a chance. Alot of people on here have complained about it. either way im glad you 2 didnt have an issue with them
Originally Posted by 808muscle
Their Headers fit great, the mid mounted muffler system fitment sucks.
thats what i must be thinking of then. thanks for clearing it up.
Glad yours came out alright, but not all pypes are created equal. Unfortunately he's deleted the pictures, but PM Jeffk about pypes and he'll send them to ya. He tried beating the offending pipe to make it fit, ended up crushing it down to approx 3/4" OD and it still wouldn't fit. Kinda funny/interesting read, but the pictures take away from a lot.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/caro...ypes-saga.html

Kooks, ARH, SW, haven't heard anything negative about them for final fitment. Kooks are more of a pain to install due to their shorter length. Haven't heard anything bad about BBK either, other than getting bashed because they are cheap.