Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Rev hanging=annoying!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Falkwa

mine didnt do that stock. but my first bama tune had it. within 2 days i called them and had them take it off. no issues since
Old 01-03-2014, 11:32 PM
jcyGT

i just picked up my 08 about a month ago too. I was kinda thinkin the same thing with way the rpms hang..... im getting a cai and a tuner hopefully next week ive been waiting for two weeks for it to come into the speed shop...but ill let ya know if it makes a difference.....
Old 01-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Leroyx

Originally Posted by jcyGT
i just picked up my 08 about a month ago too. I was kinda thinkin the same thing with way the rpms hang..... im getting a cai and a tuner hopefully next week ive been waiting for two weeks for it to come into the speed shop...but ill let ya know if it makes a difference.....
From some reading that I have been doing IDK if a canned tune is going to help. Most likely a custom tune will be needed to correct it but please let me know the result once you have it installed.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:48 AM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

Well if your getting a CAI and tuner from AM, its going to be more of a custom tune for the car. While it will not compare to a custom tune done with the car on a dyno it will work just fine.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:30 PM
jcyGT

Originally Posted by MustangVixenGT
Well if your getting a CAI and tuner from AM, its going to be more of a custom tune for the car. While it will not compare to a custom tune done with the car on a dyno it will work just fine.
supposedly there is a guy that used to write tunes for bama and he will be writing one for mine although it wont be on the dyno.... i dont think
Old 01-04-2014, 06:31 PM
jcyGT

Originally Posted by Leroyx
From some reading that I have been doing IDK if a canned tune is going to help. Most likely a custom tune will be needed to correct it but please let me know the result once you have it installed.
hopefully ill know by monday! and ill let ya know
Old 01-04-2014, 07:38 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

My car did that from the day I bought it (brand new), BAMA tune fixed it. You're right, it is annoying and makes you feel like a new driver.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:19 PM
roegs
1st Gear Member

Here are a couple of threads I did on my '09. Throttle hanging can be subjective, but in my case, the Steeda tune was the best solution. As others have mentioned, you need to be sure the TB is clean. You also might check torque on the bolts (nuts) holding the TB to the intake. I removed my TB once for cleaning, and ended up with a slight air leak by not torqueing properly.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...-new-tune.html

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...questions.html
Old 01-07-2014, 02:52 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

My stock 4.0 did that as well. I would experience the RPM rising up to 2,000 RPM when shifting into neutral and coming to a stop. While sitting at stop light or stop sign, you could hear my engine revved up, like I wanted to race someone. LOL
My Brenspeed custom tune eliminated the issue.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Leroyx

Thanks guys, I'll have to check out and clean my TB when I get some time. It would be hard to believe it could be dirty enough to affect anything after only 25,000 miles but we'll see.

Either way I think I'm going to like a custom tune, sounds like it will fix this hanging issue along with the relatively unresponsive throttle feel. Call me old fashioned but I still prefer the old throttle cable vs the drive by wire, it's just more direct and for lack of a better way to explain it you feel more a part of the car rather that controlling something with a joystick haha.

Quick Reply: Rev hanging=annoying!