Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Procharger advice!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 12:08 AM
yllwblze11

Default Procharger advice!

I own a '11 GT with an only mod for hp being the side exhaust system from carvings! I've been saving and looking into a procharger system and looking for any input from those who have owned 1 or currently does and how they like it, any tips n tricks, should I go stage 1 or 2?? And...i have the GT/Cs front bumper!?
Old 09-18-2014, 05:53 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

I had a procharger for a very short period of time, did not care for it for a number of reasons. If you plan on only racing once in a while but drive on the street a lot get a twin screw IMO, others will telling you to get a procharger but that is their opinion. I ran a saleen SC on my car for years before upgrading to the turbo, but I only race my car now, otherwise I would have kept the twin screw.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:51 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

I own a 2011 5.0 with a UPR-spec ProCharger Stg II. I daily drive it at 10lbs of boost and the car is just as happy running 10s in the quarter on 19" tires as it is on the roadrace track. I love the smooth power delivery of the ProCharger on our cars. (of course, tires & suspension are necessary upgrades to get the full benefit of the extra power)
Old 09-21-2014, 08:51 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sactown
I had a procharger for a very short period of time, did not care for it for a number of reasons. If you plan on only racing once in a while but drive on the street a lot get a twin screw IMO, others will telling you to get a procharger but that is their opinion. I ran a saleen SC on my car for years before upgrading to the turbo, but I only race my car now, otherwise I would have kept the twin screw.
Get A TWIN SCREW!
Old 09-21-2014, 01:14 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Twin Screw... I've driven blowdryer and PD blower cars... nothing beats the PD
Old 09-22-2014, 12:13 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Look into a Roush or Edelbrock. Way better choice IMO. My buddy just installed a pro charger on his car. He was so unimpressed at the fitment. Roush installs easy with very good instructions.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:24 PM
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

Who will be installing and tuning the unit?

If you are using a local speedshop/tuner, get what they are most familiar with and recommend. This will give you the best drivability and reliable horsepower.

If you will be doing the install yourself and running a canned or email tune, I'm with the others that recommend a PD blower.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:29 AM
wardNM05

normally im against twin screw blowers (they like to heat soak and run like pigs) but considering your 2011 likes to make good power in the high rev range that twin screw will help you on the low end for nice even balance here we have a 2014 with a tvs blower making realllly nice power id go with that TVS....but you cant go wrong either way boost is boost ;-)
Old 10-16-2014, 11:44 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wardNM05
normally im against twin screw blowers (they like to heat soak and run like pigs)
Really....Must be why the majority of high horsepower, fast cars at the track run twin screw blowers.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:42 PM
wardNM05

Originally Posted by Simon1
Really....Must be why the majority of high horsepower, fast cars at the track run twin screw blowers.

when you say majority you mean like 03/04 cobras and maybe gt500 bc they come factory charged with roots/ts its so easy to put bigger twin screws on them and thay make wonderful power lol but if u build a motor a centri will outpower it ....i went from a stage 2 kenne bell made 560 rwhp at 18psi to a novi 2200 at 18 psi make 711rwhp and the only difference was the charge temp granted i added methanol injection aswell but u cant run methanol on twin(minus the kennebell methanol plate) just bc twin screws are more common that doesnt make them stronger FI plus in a drag strip senario u cant buid much heat soak making a pass and then shutting it off i was more refering to a daily driver or maybe even road course.....anyways i aint looking to argue with ya bud i said with his build tvs is what id do anyways...

Quick Reply: Procharger advice!