Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HELP ME convince wife to get 2014 Mustang GT instead of Camero SS

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 09:34 PM
burttrans
1st Gear Member

Default HELP ME convince wife to get 2014 Mustang GT instead of Camero SS

My wife and I finished some college bills for the kids and want to add a car as a toy. Looking to get used 2014 GT Premium or 2014 Camero SS; I like the Mustang better and she loves the exterior looks of the Camero and so like it better.

Help me convince her to go with the Mustang. I have only driven the Camero once so I do not have much experience with the Camero. I have read all the reviews on each car but you guys may have much more experience with the Camero.

Give me some good advise on why the Mustang over the Camero?
Old 12-21-2014, 10:30 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Has she driven both cars?
Old 12-21-2014, 10:49 PM
burttrans
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
Has she driven both cars?
She has not driven the Camero. Her requirements for the car are V8 sound with a good deep rumble and we both have agreed on 6 speed manual. We had plans to buy this coming April or May and this would give us plenty of time to look and test drive but now I came across a good deal on 2014 GT Premium with 4,000 miles and I am pushing to buy now because of a good deal. She drove the Mustang and loved it but still wants to look at Camero.

I tell her the Mustang is a much better value I can get into this one for less than $27,000 and a Camero with similar miles seem to be $30,000+.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:08 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Don't get a Camaro if you can't spell it. LOL. Sorry couldn't help myself. I test drove a Camaro once, and holy blindspots batman!!! Can't see a bloody thing in that car.
Old 12-22-2014, 12:44 AM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

I can't stand the interior of the Camaro, or the exterior, or the shady way that GM has conducted business in recent years. Even if I was a Camaro fan I would not buy one.

I have Mustangs because I, like many here, are very partial to them. I think their styling is far superior and they just feel right to me.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:03 AM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

I think the exterior looks of the Camaro are fine but it isn't enough to convince me to run out and buy one. Plus there's always the comments on blind spots. You should try it out and see if the blind spots are a problem I guess. Personally I'm not partial to any brand/make/model any more but testing out stuff can be a good idea as long as you are looking to buy something.

Btw if you get a Camaro SS convertible I read that is a bad idea. I don't know much about it but it is said that the resale value on the convertible of the SS model is very, very terrible and you should avoid this car.

What i don't understand though is why they bag on it so much and I haven't heard anything at all about GT500 convertibles. I mean wouldn't that be a similar issue? I dunno. I met a guy with a GT500 convertible and besides the fact that he turned out to be a total douche from a local mustang club, he thought the car is going to be collectible and said he's going to keep the miles low under 10,000 for the entire duration he owns the car. GOOD LUCK flipping the car for money because it isn't rare and it will never be collectible. They already have 5.8L GT500s out. A friend of mine owns one, and nope not a vert.

Always make sure you buy for what you want and not what others say. All this stuff is mass produced so you are going to want to buy what is suited for your needs, all the rest of the bs needs to stay at the curb. Bringing it into the dealership will just show the salesman what kind of character you have, bad idea.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:13 AM
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

Have her drive the stang and that should do the convincing. I don't know how tall your wife is but driving the mustang should be easier visually due to all the blind spots the camaro has. The windows are wide and very short. Plus the interior is superior in the mustang. Convince her by having her go for a test drive
Old 12-22-2014, 09:08 AM
BrazenStang
3rd Gear Member

I agree with the others. It sounds like a test drive of both cars is in order. Let her experience first-hand just how bad the visibility is out of a cama-row.

I don't know if this applies to you and your wife, but mustangs have a strong aftermarket for parts and upgrades over OEM. Its a big reason why many of us on here enjoy modifying our cars.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:08 AM
burttrans
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by sbradle4
Don't get a Camaro if you can't spell it. LOL. Sorry couldn't help myself. I test drove a Camaro once, and holy blindspots batman!!! Can't see a bloody thing in that car.

LOL Good one I was rushing and did spell it wrong I don't know what I was thinking.

I know I drove a SS a week ago and was on busy 4 lane and it sucked to see out of. Told my wife she would not like it but she wants to drive one.

Spelling Test C_A_M_A_R_O got it!
Old 12-22-2014, 10:10 AM
burttrans
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
I can't stand the interior of the Camaro, or the exterior, or the shady way that GM has conducted business in recent years. Even if I was a Camaro fan I would not buy one.

I have Mustangs because I, like many here, are very partial to them. I think their styling is far superior and they just feel right to me.
I was always a GM guy for cars and Chevy Trucks but the Government Bail out soured me on GM. I have bought several new F150 and currently have a 2013 F150 4x4 and will keep buying Ford trucks.

Quick Reply: HELP ME convince wife to get 2014 Mustang GT instead of Camero SS